1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
it will bring the light on if you dont put the spacer on, the one your looking at on e,bay is fine, i put the straight spacer on my 100 cell sports cat.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Your right about the lambda spacer preventing the emissions warning coming on.

Did to also know that no insurance company will insure you with a decat on your car?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Fitted a decat to mine just over a week ago - with the angled spacer. No sign of the engine management light as yet.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Decats sound fantastic when teamed up with either a deres or aftermarket cat-back. I heard someone at a RR not too long ago that just had the decat and it was just as quiet as my deres. Combine the de-res and decat and you end up with this:

But be aware, as James says: No UK insurer will now cover you with a decat.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Decats sound fantastic when teamed up with either a deres or aftermarket cat-back. I heard someone at a RR not too long ago that just had the decat and it was just as quiet as my deres. Combine the de-res and decat and you end up with this:

But be aware, as James says: No UK insurer will now cover you with a decat.
Sounds good buddy, I'm just wanting to decat my standard system so I wonder how it will sound

Yeah I know.. It's risky but I'm just not going to declare it :/

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Sounds good buddy, I'm just wanting to decat my standard system so I wonder how it will sound

Yeah I know.. It's risky but I'm just not going to declare it :/
From what I heard at the RR, it won't sound much different. Get the deres done for another £40-£60 and it'll sound like the above

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cut out the smaller middle silencer and weld/clamp in a straight bit of pipe instead. Simples!

Sounds like this without doing anything else to the exhaust:
Dunno if I'm keen for cutting bits out of the exhaust
il try the decat first then see what I think, might de res it in the future
did your car pop when it just had the decat on?

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
Pretty much. I'd hate to be the person he hits. I won't be too happy trying to get my repairs paid for by a guy with voided insurance cover.
There'd be no issue. His insurer is still legally obliged to pay out under the Road Traffic Act. It's the other guy that would be in trouble, they'd be well within their rights to go after him for the cash.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts