Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just fitted a decat today..3hrs!..had to grind bolts and nuts down but done it..good fit and decent quality too..dont know wether its in my head but seems a hell of alot quicker...sounds good too Lol....young at heart!

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
just fitted a decat today..3hrs!..had to grind bolts and nuts down but done it..good fit and decent quality too..dont know wether its in my head but seems a hell of alot quicker...sounds good too Lol....young at heart!
Mine was definitely quicker coming from a standard cat to a decat. Noise is lovely too as i've got it de-res'd.

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
No it's all about a physical check come mot time that a cat is in place.
Or you crash your car into a tree( or any other object) and the insurance send out a validater who voids your policy as you've an undeclared mod on the car

·
Registered
171 Posts
I wouldn't worry about insurance people coming out to IV ur car, they wouldn't be able to tell their
from the elbow on car parts

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I wouldn't worry about insurance people coming out to IV ur car, they wouldn't be able to tell their
I wouldn't be too sure on that, if they think it will save them money they will pay for decent people, I know an ex Police officer who's job was to investigate major accidents and he had loads of qualifications in various vehicle related matters which qualifies him to inspect cars etc.
he would spot a decat a mile away.

He now works self employed for insurance companies as and when needed.

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
That's got to be the best bit of advice I've read on here in ages.

Yeah lets just ignore laws, they're only guidelines anyway. In fact why bother with insurance, it's not like we'll ever have an accident is it????

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's got to be the best bit of advice I've read on here in ages.

Yeah lets just ignore laws, they're only guidelines anyway. In fact why bother with insurance, it's not like we'll ever have an accident is it????
If thats sarcasm i bet you the type of guy that sleeps in his pyjamas.......??....old and boring!

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
Come on guys lighten up

I've had decats on cars before and unfortunately I did have 1 on a Subaru that was written off through no fault of mine and the assessor had no idea what he was looking at when they inspected it, I had to point out the full stainless exhaust, the bigger turbo etc that although had been declared he wasn't aware of even when they were starring him in the face and I did this so he would give me an honest evaluation of what the car was worth so not all insurance companies employ fully qualified assessors but at the same time you do take a chance and break the law by having a decat fitted

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Doesn't make anyone old and boring, wanting the car to be legal on the road.
I know that and i know its a good feeling that everything is legit....but come on if everyone declared everything we be here ages...i mena, if we change our intwerior lights do we declare that or change the wheels from st to rs ones?????? ..., the insurance firms are already screwing us as it is........no one is whiter than white......no one....not being funny with you james but thats how life is am afraid

·
Banned
7,732 Posts
Come on guys lighten up

I've had decats on cars before and unfortunately I did have 1 on a Subaru that was written off through no fault of mine and the assessor had no idea what he was looking at when they inspected it, I had to point out the full stainless exhaust, the bigger turbo etc that although had been declared he wasn't aware of even when they were starring him in the face and I did this so he would give me an honest evaluation of what the car was worth so not all insurance companies employ fully qualified assessors but at the same time you do take a chance and break the law by having a decat fitted
Times have changed Mike. Insurance companies want to cut their claims. The law now states a cat has to be in place and assessors are better qualified.

I know of at least 6 traffic officers forced into retirement now working as claims assessors.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts