Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning People. 2005 ST3, 30k on the clock and it's used for just nipping here, nipping there, no real motorway work. So I'm just wondering if any of you think a bottle of additive in the fuel tank might be a good idea to give it a bit of a flush through? Would it do any harm?

If yes, recommendations?

Thanks for your time.

Simon.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Morning People. 2005 ST3, 30k on the clock and it's used for just nipping here, nipping there, no real motorway work. So I'm just wondering if any of you think a bottle of additive in the fuel tank might be a good idea to give it a bit of a flush through? Would it do any harm?

If yes, recommendations?

Thanks for your time.

Simon.
With modern fuels it is not needed. A decent drive out would be more beneficial to both you and your ST.

·
Formerly Known As Shep4785
1,421 Posts
Not so sure about the modern fuels argument, the pic below is a B7 Audi RS4 so only a couple of years old and was 80bhp down in power!

This is a known problem with the FSI engines (don't think Audi have admitted it), on the other side I don't think I have seen or heard anything about T5 engines coking up.

Head Eye Human body Fluid Iris

Another example

Azure Rectangle Font Slope Screenshot

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
That's a VAG
direct injection issue, remember there is no fuel to wash off the recirculated crankcase blow-by deposits as its fuel is squirted directly into the combustion chamber.
Would never be a problem on our cars, however I'm curious as to how Fraud has combatted this potential problem with the new mk3 ST direct injection motor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts