Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all don't know if any one can help on this subject I quite like the daylight running lights that the some Audi's have fitted and I know that halfords do a aftermarket set
Question 1: does anyone know if they are any good ?
Question 2: how hard are they to fit ?
Question 3: are there any laws as to where on the front bumper that they are fitted ?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
Hi all don't know if any one can help on this subject I quite like the daylight running lights that the some Audi's have fitted and I know that halfords do a aftermarket set
Question 1: does anyone know if they are any good ?
Question 2: how hard are they to fit ?
Question 3: are there any laws as to where on the front bumper that they are fitted ?
don't do it mate. look like christmas tree lights.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
May i suggest something different : 2 options :

More expensive, but more stylish solutions perhaps. The only drawback is, if you had Xenon lights because those auro-regulate the height. These aftermarket ones, i dont think they do it automatically. (its not a huge problem though to be honest...)

·
Registered
670 Posts
Its a matter of personnal preference if you ask me. If you want them and you like them go for it. You can get a set off the internet for about £20 and they are very easy to fit. Had them on mine for a month now and think they look ok. Also help you to be seen. Thats got to be a bonus.

Not the best picture!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
its your car mate ,if you like them then fit them ,dont worry about what others on here are saying ,some are far too quick to acuse something differant of being chav etc etc .
be a pretty boreing forum if we all done the same ,had the same ,thought the same wouldnt it !
if you like them then just do it matey dont worry about others opinions .

·
Registered
571 Posts
its your car mate ,if you like them then fit them ,dont worry about what others on here are saying ,some are far too quick to acuse something differant of being chav etc etc .
be a pretty boreing forum if we all done the same ,had the same ,thought the same wouldnt it !
+1

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
Don't do it, the only day lights that look any god are the DMW Angle eyes, I hate the ones on the audits, golfs etc are too bright

i just drive the ST with the side lights on

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
+2

I asked the question about the legality of their position a couple of weeks ago and the general consensus was that there are no restrictions on where you can place them.. I was thinking of here

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting Wheel

Attachments

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Doesnt look bad, but you'd have to cut through the bumper to get power, right?

I 'd like to avoid that, or at least have it be a black plastic fog sournd, or something similar (grill).

·
Registered
27 Posts
as a motorcycle rider - please
dont do this mod.

bikes run lights during the day to make them easier to spot.

if everyone uses lights during the day then it kills the added advantage that a bike has.

p.s. the dva had proposed that all road vehicles used lights during the day but was deemed to dangerous for the same reson i have stated.

anyways - you're driving an st - it dosn't need lights to make it look good
.gif[/img]

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
as a motorcycle rider - please
dont do this mod.

bikes run lights during the day to make them easier to spot.

if everyone uses lights during the day then it kills the added advantage that a bike has.

p.s. the dva had proposed that all road vehicles used lights during the day but was deemed to dangerous for the same reson i have stated.

anyways - you're driving an st - it dosn't need lights to make it look good8).gif" />
Are'nt all new cars coming with DRL's now though? I thought it was an EU law now.
if so it won't be long before every other car you come across has them.

·
Registered
577 Posts
IMHO, They look toss on brand new Audis and co. Retro fitted onto an ST their just gonna ruin it. I saw some guy driving a mk1 1.6 vectra with them on the other day and thought 'oh dear....'. Its the old Lexus lights fad all over again!

The original xenons look plenty cool (the black ones even more so).

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Daytime Running Lights (DRL) will be compulsory on new cars from Feb 2011 and other new vehicles from 2012.

Personally I think they can sometimes look good but often, as the great Jeremy Clarkson said: "like a council house before Christmas".

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.