Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I tend to get a little restless over the Xmas period so yesterday (Boxing Day) I went for a driveout in the company car with my girlfriend and our dog Bella! The destination was Inveraray via Stirling where we met up with Dan to drop of his new Splitter. The weather was good considering the time of year and the roads were practically empty as always! - Real driving roads!

Cloud Sky Mountain Natural landscape Atmospheric phenomenon

Sky Cloud Plant Road surface Asphalt

Sky Cloud Plant Tree Road surface

Cloud Sky Ecoregion Plant Road surface

Sky Cloud Plant Road surface Tree

Cloud Sky Plant Mountain Natural landscape

Plant Tree Highland Natural landscape Mountain

Cloud Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Sky

Cloud Plant Sky Ecoregion Mountain

Sky Plant Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Road surface

Plant Sky Automotive tire Automotive lighting Road surface

Car Sky Cloud Dog Vehicle

Sky Plant Cloud Motor vehicle Nature

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Mountain

Water Water resources Tree Lake Fluvial landforms of streams

Cloud Water Sky Boat Watercraft

Cloud Sky Car Building Window

Cloud Water Sky Water resources Mountain

Sky Water Cloud Boat Dog

Cloud Sky Mountain Road surface Asphalt

Sky Cloud Mountain Road surface Asphalt

Sky Motor vehicle Plant Road surface Cloud

Cloud Sky Automotive lighting Window Road surface

Cloud Sky Mountain Road surface Asphalt

If these roads dont want to make you get your ST out and drive them - nothing will

Attachments

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Was good to see you again nick! Glad you had a good day trip, ya crazy Yorkshireman!
haha

Don't let the cute dog fool you guys....about took my hand off

5th pic from bottom...we do that stretch on the trossachs run? Vaguely remember getting a few kind flashes from passing motorists..lol

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Was good to see you again nick! Glad you had a good day trip, ya crazy Yorkshireman!
haha

Don't let the cute dog fool you guys....about took my hand off

5th pic from bottom...we do that stretch on the trossachs run? Vaguely remember getting a few kind flashes from passing motorists..lol
Sorry mate but all those photos were taken after leaving the Green Welly at Tyndrum, going along to Lochawe, down through Glen Aray to Inveraray, then back to Loch Lomond via Tarbet. I let Chell drive whilst I took the photos. I reckon I let her drive on the best roads of the day! We did the stretch from Lochawe to the Green Welly on the last ST trip up. Thats the bit of road where I got a taste of just how quick "SimHoppers" car was.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cracking roads. You northerners have it good

Just checked, green wellie is 310 miles away for me
Nathan you need to come on the "Donald wheres your troosers Tour" with us at the end of May. The roads where we are going make those look boring!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
Nathan you need to come on the "Donald wheres your troosers Tour" with us at the end of May. The roads where we are going make those look boring!
I know! The roads we have here are like bloody rally stages. Especially since the colder weather.

It's just the fuel costs that's putting me off.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I know! The roads we have here are like bloody rally stages. Especially since the colder weather.

It's just the fuel costs that's putting me off.
I know its expensive, but it is a trip you will remember for the rest of your life. The roads up there are practically empty, well maintained, smooth & flowing, no speed camera's - its just mile after mile of driving heaven. If you only do it once, you can sit back and look back at the photo's and memories. Life's short Nathan, when you get older mate you wont regret the things you have done - but you will regret not doing the things you could have done!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
I know its expensive, but it is a trip you will remember for the rest of your life. The roads up there are empty practically, well maintained, smooth & flowing, no speed camera's - its just mile after mile of driving heaven. If you only do it once, you can sit back and look back at the photo's and memories. Life's short Nathan, when you get older mate you wont regret the things you have done - you will regret not doing the things you could have done!
Oh god! You sound like my mates now!

I'll have to have a think about it. Presumably Fort William is the starting point?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Oh god! You sound like my mates now!

I'll have to have a think about it. Presumably Fort William is the starting point?
We start from Doncaster North Services lol. First night is Fort William, second night is Ullapool and the 3rd night on the way back down home is Crianlarich! ST's & RS's are taking the village over!

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
We start from Doncaster North Services lol. First night is Fort William, second night is Ullapool and the 3rd night on the way back down home is Crianlarich! ST's & RS's are taking the village over!
Ahhh that's not to bad then. The road out to donny over the Peak District is a good road.

I'll have a think

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
hi mate im glad your new addition has settled well in to the wiley house hold.looks like you had a good run out to mate lovin some of your pics like the castle 1

your always lucky with the weather when you go the border i think your some sort of scottish king who can control the weather lol..

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
hi mate im glad your new addition has settled well in to the wiley house hold.looks like you had a good run out to mate lovin some of your pics like the castle 1

your always lucky with the weather when you go the border i think your some sort of scottish king who can control the weather lol..
He He! I wish I could control the weather Wayne
Believe me I have had plenty of wet excursions up there on the bike
Glad you liked the pics mate. Yeah Bella was fine. Ive been taking her out in the car to work with me for a while to get her used to travelling in the car.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Bella is an absolute cutie Nick. Just a shame about the owners ugly mush.
Only playing pal some fantastic pics there and well jealous of the trip. Its roads like that I think about when I am stuck in depressing rush hour traffic in the deepset darkest Black Country. Helps to cheer me up no end.

I feel a little trip to wales coming on early in the new year. Ages since ive driven roads like that.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts