Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed on the dash theres an "arrow up" light, ive never seen this light up... any reason why its there?!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
The light is there, but no ones at home.

It will only become active with a remap.
And you have to be hitting about 5500-6000 rpm for it to come on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sweet Mary! A Remap is defo on the Xmas list then!

I was thinking it was rather strange to not have a red line indicator for a sports car?! Theres even an indicator for an Abarth fiat 500 as standard!

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
it will work if you get you ecu flashed with the new bug7 software from ford, then it will flash when the engine is cold untill its warmed up

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
it will work if you get you ecu flashed with the new bug7 software from ford, then it will flash when the engine is cold untill its warmed up
Mine started doing this when I got the Pumaspeed map, I notice it in 1st and 2nd gears then when the car is warm it goes away. It's quite a neat trick.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
i only found it out when i went to DS to get a boost problem sorted and they updated my software, the next day when i started the car up i noticed it was telling me to shift up when the car was cold, i was well chuft lol
At what RPM? I don't really ever rev it when cold so would never know

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had mine put on by. Brendan at pumabuild meet used to be a member on here ... Also put a few other goodies on my car like auto locking door etc....

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
How much do Fraud/DS charge for ECU flashes? and how do you know what version is on your ECU already?

How much do Fraud/DS charge for ECU flashes? and how do you know what version is on your ECU already?

·
Registered
7,372 Posts

I bet it's 45 quid and up

Just find someone in your region with the elm327 and appropriate software if you want the shift light enabling

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
If you have anything later than a pretty early FL, then didn't they change the instrument cluster and removed the shift light?? Mine is feb 2009 running MR290 and hasn't got any shift indicator whatsoever. Cannot see any visible signs of one either!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts