Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have a 2010 ST3 I inherited after my brother passed, inside are a Sat Nav and Dashcam which he had going to a three-way extension for the cig adapter (the other is for a USB charger).

Is there any way I can hard wire these properly as they keep blowing the fuse for the cig adapter?

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
Most dashcam/satnav manufacturers (e.g. Nextbase) offer a hardwire kit with a piggyback fuse carrier (which in essence enables a supplementary supply to be taken from an existing fuseway) which dispenses with the need for ancillary equipment to be powered via the 12v cigarette lighter socket.

·
Registered
2006 ST-2 MK2
940 Posts
Hi guys,

I have a 2010 ST3 I inherited after my brother passed, inside are a Sat Nav and Dashcam which he had going to a three-way extension for the cig adapter (the other is for a USB charger).

Is there any way I can hard wire these properly as they keep blowing the fuse for the cig adapter?
Nextbase Dash Cam Hardwire Kit | Halfords UK
You can get it cheaper on ebay.

Most times satnavs only work on the cig socket but depending what one you have you can also hardwire it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Most dashcam/satnav manufacturers (e.g. Nextbase) offer a hardwire kit with a piggyback fuse carrier (which in essence enables a supplementary supply to be taken from an existing fuseway) which dispenses with the need for ancillary equipment to be powered via the 12v cigarette lighter socket.
Chhers, will have alook

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, will look into this

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,382 Posts
Be aware thwat the cig lighter is permanently live. I found a fuse under the glovebox that I live when the ignition is on but it was so long ago I can't remember which fuse it was. Middle row left of centre maybe?

·
Registered
4,625 Posts
That looks familiar. Been a long time since I fitted mine to my ST225.

Those piggy back fuse adaptors (also called add a circuit) are a real blessing and so easy to use. they are also totally removable.

Some day I will put a dashcam in my Mini...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts