Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The road out side work hase been dug up for resurfacing, yesterday they had dug about 1/2 foot down to all the mud and
, they had left lines of very deep hard core and obviously raised drains, big piles of mud and hardcore and deep holes basically it was like a off road track.

As I was trying to slalom out of the road i hit a line of hardcore and scratched a deep groove in my front bumper, it was awful and I also scrapped something under the car.

I phoned the number the council care me and have gave all the information and emailed the picture of the car, tried getting pictures of the road but as it was pitch black you couldn't see. I have a ref number and been told someone will get in touch as soon as the highways inspector has assessed the area ( not sure what thats going to do as they have been working on it today)

What are the chances of getting them to repair it? didnt know if someone had any other experiences??

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
gutted mate

sorry but i very much doubt you will get any joy.you have no pics of the road and they have worked on it today.i buckled a wheel a couple of years go on a massive pot hole.it was dark so i went back next morning and they had filled it in,i could not believe it i still contacted the local council and told them.all i got was sorry i have no proof as the hole has been filled

·
Registered
171 Posts
Id keep pushing it, Had the same problem as coolbluest2, went down a pothole and split my tyre. Went bk the next day to get some pictures and the hole was filled in, have claimed but still waiting to hear bk.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I had a issue with the council doing road works when a spray can of there's exploded all over my old VRS covered it hb thousands of tiny sprinkles of white paint, after making a claim against the council with a million photos I had very little joy. So I got a quote for the repairs and made a claim from the small claims court which u can do it all online... 3 wks later I had a cheque for £1500 quid and managed to sell the car to webuyanycar.com in the dark, lost £450 on what is paid for the car 18months prior but was over 1k better of having not got the repairs done 😜😜

1 - 5 of 5 Posts