Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to say I'm not a happy bunny at the moment would be an understatement!! I managed to park the front lip of the car on a kerb yesterday and scrape it........today however I've managed to go one better.

I had to put my car into the Ford garage to get the lights changed over to the continental lights and was quoted 75 euros to do it (Fogs and Front) when I went to pick it up they were trying to charge me 105 euros for the pleasure...they tried telling me that they had had to change 2 bulbs over....... I pointed out to them that I had infact had a full bulb upgrade so would be able to tell whether they had or not, the guy behind the service desk suddenly looked worried so I promptly turned around to go and check....

I walked up to the car, opened the door, put my foot on the clutch whilst still half out of the car and pressed the start button...... at this point the car excellerated away from me!!!
!!! They car had been left in gear and I was stupid enough not to check!!

I proceeded to try and get back in the car for the next 20m whilst it was doing around 5 - 10 Mph across Fords forecourt without any success as it only stopped once it was parked nicely in their wall. Its managed to damage the render for about 30m as it seems to have been put on quite thickly and I have a very strange shaped bumper with what looks like "pebble dash" all along it, more damage to the building than there is to the car!! Double
!!

My insurance company then informed me that it would be that garage that would be carrying out the repairs once I'd reported it to them.....on a bright note though the garage manager identified that the bulbs hadnt been changed on mine but had infact been changed on another Brit ST this morning that is returning to the UK and he was fully aware that the bulbs needed doing, so I've saved 30 euros there!!

Gutted is such an understatement on this one, but the garage has said they will return the car to how it is now so they will ensure that the Front lip is re-done which I wasnt expecting and I dont believe they would have to do.

They say that these things come in 3's, I really dont want to know what the 3rd one is going to be......but atleast I get the lip repaired where I scraped it yesterday!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm even more gutted because they didnt even have CCTV of where it happened, I could have gained my excess back and got on "you've been framed". Gutted but I do know its all my fault and I'm sure I will laugh about it one day............just not this month!!

·
Registered
233 Posts
OMFG
Mick,

I am absolutley gutted for you mate.

I hope you get it back to pristine condition ASAP

As you say "one day you will laugh about it", the Germans are terrible for leaving the car in gear and the handbrake off, loads of times i've got in and rolled backwards and nearly hit cars/obstacles etc.

Hope you get it sorted for the 5th mate

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
Damn Mick, that isn't at all good. I have a friend who did something similar a while ago. Had spent all day cleaning his car at a friends, got in started car and smacked into the house wall. Car had been left in gear as they'd had it jacked up to get wheels off for cleaning. Hope yours gets repaired with the minimum of hassle.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts