Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
After looking at timing again (dont get your travel times off google maps as they differ quite a lot to AA route planner and multimap! ) and getting some advice from a couple of members. Thanks Simon and Rick. I am looking at changing the run and the date. If we went up to scotch corner it would leave a lot of Northwest members a good couple of hours away from home after having already driven around 4 hours, and I just think the day would feel a little rushed.

So like I said after to speaking to a couple of members I think this looks a very good route and it has been done a few times on scoobynet but theirs didn't incorperate the buttertubs pass which ours will.
So this is what Im suggesting, all of which is subject to any other ideas.

Settle - Hawes - Thwaite - Aysgarth - Skipton
See route map http://www.multimap.com/s/G675oHAk

Start at Settle at the swimming baths then on up through Hawes and the buttertubs pass to Thwaite, then on the to The Parmer Flatt Hotel for the carvery Click. After lunch continue the drive to Skipton and the finishing point which could be the Craven Heifer Pub. Click

Will also be looking for a couple of decent photo opportunities along the route if anyone can suggest any? The Ribblehead Viaduct would be good I think.

Would anyone be interested in this Run?

Cheers
Si

1. thestumper

2. Dream Weaver

3. Kevin B

4. Largey Largey.jpg
5. treborrobert2

6. Performance Blue

7. csteel

8. stevie b asbo

9. Jonn

10. Robotte

11. andih98uk

Attachments

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
QUOTE(FastEddie @ 26 Jan 2010, 09:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I drove some of those roads in Sept and took some pics:
http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/St-best-ro...ml&hl=hawes

Great roads in that area and Settle is a good meeting place - there's a car park right in the main square surrounded by cafes and shops

Cheers for the info. They look like some very good roads. Going to go up in the next few weeks to have a look around and a bit of drive.
Hopefully I can get a bit more interest in it though.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Done this run over 10 times now with the Subaru boys, and it's always excellent around Settle, Hawes etc.

If people want to try their ST out properly then this is the drive to do it on.

The town centre will be too busy to park on a Sunday, so we always used to meet at the swimming baths as it has a decent car park, toilets and a shop/machine for any last minute snacks.

Put me down as a provisional please.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Dream Weaver @ 27 Jan 2010, 11:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Done this run over 10 times now with the Subaru boys, and it's always excellent around Settle, Hawes etc.

If people want to try their ST out properly then this is the drive to do it on.

The town centre will be too busy to park on a Sunday, so we always used to meet at the swimming baths as it has a decent car park, toilets and a shop/machine for any last minute snacks.

Put me down as a provisional please.

Will do.
You can show me the way then.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Thinking about this, I think you may struggle to fit everything in.

If we leave Settle at 10:30 it's a good hour just to Aysgarth, so going over the Buttertubs will probably add another hour on to that.

It will probably be 1 at least before hitting the pub for lunch. 1 hour for lunch, then another 45 mins/1 hour to Scotch Corner going the back way and it will probably be 3pm and at last years SC meet I think people started heading off around that time, I know I left at 3pm as it's 2 hours back for me.

Maybe the Buttertubs/Dales run deserves it's own full day in April to appreciate it?

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
QUOTE(Dream Weaver @ 27 Jan 2010, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thinking about this, I think you may struggle to fit everything in.

If we leave Settle at 10:30 it's a good hour just to Aysgarth, so going over the Buttertubs will probably add another hour on to that.

It will probably be 1 at least before hitting the pub for lunch. 1 hour for lunch, then another 45 mins/1 hour to Scotch Corner going the back way and it will probably be 3pm and at last years SC meet I think people started heading off around that time, I know I left at 3pm as it's 2 hours back for me.

Maybe the Buttertubs/Dales run deserves it's own full day in April to appreciate it?

Maybe your right about the Buttertubs/dales run deserves its own day and if all goes well we could always do it again. The Scotch corner meet I think only starts at 2pm. Like I said I havent done the run before and I have only looked at google maps for timing and it says 60 miles and around 1hr 50mins driving time from settle to scotch corner, so with 1 hour for lunch total time would be around 3 hours. Which if leaving at 10.30 should see us arriving at scotch corner around 1.30. Like I said though I havent done the run so I am unsure of exact times.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(largey @ 28 Jan 2010, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>If you need to number for the lunches mate let me no
. They no me quite well now im happy to book it for any date
im in

Cheers Paul. I will be in touch when we get numbers and a date.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
QUOTE(treborrobert2 @ 28 Jan 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looks a good run, I'll try to make it, it does look a very long day though for the Northeasterners

Yes it would be a bit of a trek, but if some of you could make it that would be great.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
For anyone in the NE, you could break left at Aysgarth and head back home that way as the best parts of the route (Settle - Hawes and Buttertubs) will have been covered by then.

For the NW attendees, we can break right and do the final run to Skipton which is also fun. This is the first part of the Richmond run in reverse, the bit that stops at the trout farm.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A bit of interest.

Its still on, I have just been very busy. Plans are in motion and Im looking for a suitable date whilst trying to avoid meets/shows that are already planned.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts