Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, wheres the cheapest place for an inner CV boot? I don't really want to pay Fords £50 for a bit of rubber!

I have found SCC do one for 27.99 but I can get an outer one for about a fiver posted which I am going to get and have replaced at the same time.

Can you get an inner this cheap? I don't mind it being a pattern part rather than genuine.

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
Hi all, wheres the cheapest place for an inner CV boot? I don't really want to pay Fords £50 for a bit of rubber!

I have found SCC do one for 27.99 but I can get an outer one for about a fiver posted which I am going to get and have replaced at the same time.

Can you get an inner this cheap? I don't mind it being a pattern part rather than genuine.
There are 3 different variations on the inner boot! Youll struggle to get the right one let alone get it cheap! You wont get any sort of outer boot that actually fits for less than £15 either! Your best bet for getting the right one is to talk to Gary at Collins but it will be about £40!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Agree with fishy. Collins supplied me an inner and outer genuine Ford boot kit for about £40.
The local dealer tried all the Ford listings on the inners for my reg/vin and they were all wrong.
Your best bet is to get it off and the email a picture to Collins who will match it up for you.

Ford tried many times to match it up and couldn't. They also were after £35-50 for just an inner boot kit.

Don't go for an aftermarket one and make double sure the inner large end is exactly the same. The variants are only slightly different and will not seal on the tripod joint housing properly.

Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts