Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

· Registered
32 Posts
Hey people, Being a skilled sheet metal worker I thought it was about time I put my skills to use and make a ECU cover. I didn't like the idea of the cars brain (so to speak) being open to the elements since I've cut two big gaping holes in the bonnet and fitted RS vents, which I'm sure most of you have
Here is some pictures of the custom case, it isn't finished yet because I ran out of time at work so it's not polished, I will finish it up tomorrow. Wood Floor Flooring Parking meter Automotive exterior
Road surface Asphalt Grey Wood Floor
Grey Floor Wood Automotive tire Asphalt
Here's the case finished. Table Wood Audio equipment Hardwood Automotive exterior

Attachments

· Registered
668 Posts
That's impressive for just a days tatt about. Mine usually involve random games involving office supplies. You could always look into offering anodising too.
I'm getting some vents fitted so would definitely be interested. Is this going to cover the existing ecu cover or relocate and enclose the ecu? As being metal insulating will def be a factor.

· Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's impressive for just a days tatt about. Mine usually involve random games involving office supplies. You could always look into offering anodising too.
I'm getting some vents fitted so would definitely be interested. Is this going to cover the existing ecu cover or relocate and enclose the ecu? As being metal insulating will def be a factor.
Sorry forgot to mention, its for the enclosed cone CAIS'. It locates just in front of the battery. I will upload more pics tomorrow of it fitted.

· Registered
32 Posts
Why did my post get deleted!!!
They deleted my other topic, because I'm not a sponsor, ive edited it now though, not advertising them just showing people what I've made, but this topic will probably end up being deleted.

I'm new to this forum and didn't read the T&Cs, I'm guessing like most people lol

· Registered
6,815 Posts
They deleted my other topic, because I'm not a sponsor, ive edited it now though, not advertising them just showing people what I've made, but this topic will probably end up being deleted.

I'm new to this forum and didn't read the T&Cs, I'm guessing like most people lol
Sell on ebay will probably sell really well.

· Registered
577 Posts
Unfortunately, clubs want their cut of any money you make if you are considered to be trading however well natured it is intended. I don't personally agree with that as I've always been of the opinion that forums and clubs are for like minded enthusiasts and should try to help each other out and impart knowledge and if one particular member can offer a product or service to the forum they should be more than welcome and not forced to pay some sort of trader or sponsorship fee.

All the above is purely my own opinion. This isn't my club or my rules so I'm afraid we all have to abide by the club's rules.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.