Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi every one just want some advice really on custom mapping as i am starting on modding the st starting with full exhaust turbo back.then pro alloy intercooler then wolf cais filter followed by intake pipes.i have seen cars running dreamscience running over the 300 bhp with these mods which is impesive!before i buy anything.want to no if anyone is running a custom map eg amd essex or puma build?a mate of mine has got a 300bhp vxr which is custom mapped by thorney motorsport and is well quick.want to run over 320 bhp with these mods is that safe?done the search and saw a post on this but there is no figuers or graphs.can anyone help regards Aaron

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Its not easy to get 300 with these mods, much less above 300. I know some dynos give numbers but i dont trust them. From my experience its impossible to go 320 without a hybrid turbo. Maybe with no catalyst, and the engine tuned beyond safety limits. Maybe. Its better to use a different turbo if power is what you seek. Then you can go around 360. Beyond that, you would need to strengthen the engine itself with aftermarket procedures and parts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.