Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone gone for custom springs over the H&R or Eibach's??
I know the names are tried and tested but the custom springs could be made to a very similiar spec but just lower and also for a similar price.
I think the H&R's and eibachs look good, but i wouldn't say no to an extra 20-30 mm drop, especially on the rear.
Anyone use custom springs?
Cheers!!!

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Pretty sure that ALOT of development has gone into the Eibachs and H&R springs - especially the Eibachs with them being Ford approved. They are made to work perfectly with the standard dampers as the Eibachs don't affect the warranty.

Not being funny but any idiot can make a spring with a lower drop. Isn't it true that if you start going too low that the shocks start to bend?

If you want to go lower than Eibachs then I would go for coilovers

Chris

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I think lowering even more than eibachs etc would give plenty of issues with speed bumps etc etc as i have eibachs and have issues comeing up/down some droped kerbs already ,even on my drive i have to be carefull !
I also think stance with the eibachs etc etc give the car is spot on and any lower would look just CHAVTASTIC
!!
Just my opinion of course.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
never heard of shocks bending, but hav heard of short springs unseating themselves which i guess would damage the shocks in some way. if you must go low coilovers are the way to go as simo has said. you could also go ultra low with airbags, but really if your
is a daily driver both of these options will prob make it hard to live with. unless the roads u commute on are nice and smooth, not like where i live, they're so bad here im affraid to even try eibachs!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.