Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Hi, just taken my car to a garage after hearing a horrible creaking noise coming from the front of my car whenever i go over a bump, the colder it is the louder and worse it is.. he has wobbled and pulled and prodded everything he can and cant get it to make the noise and cant find any odd movement, he has showed me the front arm bushes at the rear of the arms and they are starting to part. ive added some pictures, could anyone shed some light on this? thanks.

http://s794.beta.photobucket.com/user/antellen/library/#/user/antellen/library/?&_suid=13553360834410258989464184382

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
I had the same looking bushes.
They look knackered to me. They're supposed to be oil filled, but they look a bit deflated!

I had mine replaced today. Was a pig of a job apparently. Mine didn't creak with it though.

Motor vehicle Automotive tire Gas Fixture Rim

Attachments

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had the same looking bushes.
They look knackered to me. They're supposed to be oil filled, but they look a bit deflated!

I had mine replaced today. Was a pig of a job apparently. Mine didn't creak with it though.

View attachment 91890
what did it cost you have to have both sides replaced? and did you buy a kit and have all the bushes on the arms replaced?

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
what did it cost you have to have both sides replaced? and did you buy a kit and have all the bushes on the arms replaced?
Cost me £200 including the bushes.
That was for Powerflex ones.
I think they take longer to replace because they are oil filled.
So you have to burn them, then press them and burn all the rubber off. Then press the metal sleeve out, burn it some more!
Sounds a right pain! Glad I didn't do it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well ive been driving around for about 2 hours and i went over some speed bumps on the way home.... no noise at all.. only seems to be when the car has been sat in the cold for aiges...?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts