Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im guessing at higher tunes (340bhp) these things can fail alot , mine keeps finding a way out lol , crappy plastic clip on lid failed agian , i guess breather upgrade is only solution or can i go old school and vent it to atmosphere? Lol

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Darren, have you replaced the inlet manifold gasket? Does it leak oil?
I reckon the breather lid fail is because of the reed valves for the PCV system. They're integrated into the gasket.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did read your thread regarding this issue and symptoms are identical which leads me to think you could be bang on , ill take inlet off tommorrow and replace gasket to be sure 👍

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, just wondering if the gasket fixed the issue? I’ve got a white seal popping out the side of housing and excessive oil leak when on boost, changed the oil filter housing 3 times and still the same!

·
Registered
7,973 Posts
Hi all, just wondering if the gasket fixed the issue? I’ve got a white seal popping out the side of housing and excessive oil leak when on boost, changed the oil filter housing 3 times and still the same!
:unsure: If you are getting excessive crankcase pressure it could be the pistons, piston rings or valve guide seals allowing pressure into the crankcase or the metal gasket between the intake manifold and the head. The gasket has reed valves in it that stop pressure getting into the system on boost but allow the vacuum when the throttle is shut. The reed valves can get bent or break allowing pressure into the filter housing. See pictures, the reed valves are ringed in red. Gasket is 9439 in the drawing.

Line Font Auto part Parallel Rectangle

Bicycle part Font Auto part Rim Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Automotive exterior Font Auto part Triangle

1 - 11 of 11 Posts