Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
After reinstalling the turbo the dealer added 2 liters of liquid. I want to know if that would top up the system properly after draining the system at the turbo.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts
QUOTE(Huigie @ 12 Feb 2010, 01:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dealer removed the head today. Gasket seems ok, sleeves too. They send the head away to have it checked.

If the head gasket and head check out ok it might be worth getting the dealers to double check the liners - they will not be the 1st dealer to reassemble the cylinder head and miss the fault.

It is normally a hairline crack only 3-4mm long on one cylinder (sometimes two)

·
Registered
660 Posts
Got the car back last thursday. After testing it last weekend...there was still a leak. Oil level seemed to rise so...cracket sleeve?

Have been informing for 2 used engines. Can buy an engine from a 2008 car with 30.000km on the clock or a 2006 ex Ford test engine with 5000km on it. Both come with 6 months of warranty, the 2008 costs 2250 euro and the other 2500.

Which would u choose? The 2008 might be a newer revision, may have had a hard life. The 2006 one comes from Ford so big chance it is top quality otherwise they would not sell it, right? But...test engine, how hard are 5000 test kilometers...

Though choice...

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My new toy, straight from a Mondeo...

Hopefully I can drive my car again on Thursday...

Question, should I use my old ECU or the one that came with this engine?

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
I'm certain you'll need the ECU off your own car, I can see the rest of the modules throwing a fit if they're connected to another ECU especially one off a completely different car.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gary/Wolfman to the rescue..

Have to change the cable tree, the rear metal coolant pipe, oil cooler matrix and transmission over from my old engine and it should work just fine.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.