Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok then after Christmas I am looking at going stage 2 on my st my only concern is cracking liners so is anybody else on here running the CP320 mod without the strengthened engine and without an updated plenum or is it best to have these fitted before the map?

Cheers in advance sorry if this has been asked before but I'm on my phone and not got time to search the forum

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Ok then after Christmas I am looking at going stage 2 on my st my only concern is cracking liners so is anybody else on here running the CP320 mod without the strengthened engine and without an updated plenum or is it best to have these fitted before the map?

Cheers in advance sorry if this has been asked before but I'm on my phone and not got time to search the forum
Me!

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I do mate. No need for plenum either. I do plan on having th block mod done at some pint though.

Also cp320 is the package (intake, intercooler, turbo back, map), collins stage 2 is the map. Are you getting the whole package or the map?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just buying the map as my car is currently running the mp260 pack and I have got full cat back downpipe and decat pipe also running a ds induction kit so looks like its time to map to stage 2

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
There are quite a few running the CP320 without the block mod as its a less aggressive map than others but saying that the map I have has been on the car and at stage 3 for nearly a year now ( touch wood and I bet I've jinxed myself now)

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
There are quite a few running the CP320 without the block mod as its a less aggressive map than others but saying that the map I have has been on the car and at stage 3 for nearly a year now ( touch wood and I bet I've jinxed myself now)
i am on cp320 and it ment to be a very safe map for ya cars no mod needed ! but like u say mike hav we just jinxed our self !

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Ive been running stage 3 maps since 2007. Covering 27500 miles. Martin Collins writes his maps to be fast, smooth and safe. Saying that it is not considered to be attributable to any particular map or year of car as I am aware.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Ive been running stage 3 maps since 2007. Covering 27500 miles. Martin Collins writes his maps to be fast, smooth and safe. Saying that it is not considered to be attributable to any particular map or year of car as I am aware.
27500 miles for 5 years I've done that in less than a year lol. Ps where's my wing badges Nick(jokes I'm waiting patiently :) )

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
Stuff the bloc mod, I'm going DS TurboX

Not convinced the 'bloc mod' is necessary.
Lol you won't be saying that when it goes pop pop bang lol

If I was going for more power then it would be a must as the cost of it or dreamsciences one is alot less than a new engine and less hassle too.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
correct unless theres been one int he last 6 months. Although Gary would say never say never

i'm running the CP320 map with the block mod also btw, about 2k+ miles on track as well, no problems at all *touch wood*
Don't kid yourselves guys!
If you get an block that has been cast by Fords agency worker/expert caster 'spassymoto' it will fail!
It won't mater if its been maped by Jesus himself!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Stuff the bloc mod, I'm going DS TurboX

Not convinced the 'bloc mod' is necessary.
Been running DS turbo x since release at 350bhp and a hybrid turbo with Pumabuild map previous to that for over a year and no signs of liner issues yet and mine is an early pre-facelift 2006 block. DS block mod can't come quick enough though!!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Lol you won't be saying that when it goes pop pop bang lol

If I was going for more power then it would be a must as the cost of it or dreamsciences one is alot less than a new engine and less hassle too.
Im not convinced either!
I think its bad workmanship in the ford engine foundry!
I don't think power or mapping have
all to do with it!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Don't kid yourselves guys!
If you get an block that has been cast by Fords agency worker/expert caster 'spassymoto' it will fail!
It won't mater if its been maped by Jesus himself!
Lol Iove that comment!! Does the car mileage make a difference? Mine is on 82k and I'm looking to go to stage 4 RS turbo etc or turbo X but I think I'll definitely get the block mod done before i do just to be safe.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Oh and can we not call it a strengthened engine block!
Block Mod is something a 3yr old would call it

Have you got a strengthened engine block?
Have you got a block mod?
I rest my case!

1 - 20 of 83 Posts