Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys picked up my focus yesterday, done 300miles already haha

Anyway today noticed a couple of little niggles and wondered if anyone could shed some light on them.

Firstly when I go to unlock the car I press unlock on the remote key but the passenger side won't open. I have to press unlock two more times before it unlocks.
Drivers side opens with first unlock everytime. Really weird can't seem to get the passenger door to do the same

Second- when the wipers are on the intermittant setting or when you do a single manual wipe they make an annoying click when they first move and when they return to the normal position (2 clicks per wipe). If you put them on fully the click stops
Also the rear wiper does the same noise but this is constant with a single wipe or if its on fully as well

Hope that makes sense! Both are really doing my head in so would appreciate any help you guys can give me!

Thanks in advance

Ben

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
In answer to your first question, one press does the drivers door only. Two presses does all of them.
It's the same with locking. One press to lock. Two presses to deadlock.

Not sure about second question.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh is that right? That's weird never known that on a car before
So same for every focus then? 2 clicks for passenger doors?

Thanks for such a quick reply!!

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
Oh is that right? That's weird never known that on a car before
So same for every focus then? 2 clicks for passenger doors?

Thanks for such a quick reply!!
Yep. I think it's so if you are alone, you can keep the passenger door locked to stop someone stealing your handbag.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
The locking can be reset so it unlocks both doors, I think you press and hold lock and unlock button together til the indicators flash.

Not 100% but I have done it once.....

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
hold lock and unlock on the remote til the indicators flash and it will change it to global unlock, and keep it 2 press to deadlock

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
The locking thing can be changed though:

Reprogramming the
unlocking function

In order to re-programme the
function, press and hold the unlock
and lock buttons simultaneously for
at least four seconds with the ignition
switched off. The direction indicators
will flash twice to indicate that the
unlocking function has been
successfully re-programmed.
Pressing and holding both buttons
simultaneously for at least four
seconds again will change the
function back.

Nevermind, as above.

The clicks are just the relays, normal noise unless they're excessively loud.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
As martin said just the relays, youl get used to it and not notice the noise atal. And as for the key i was the same as yourself thought it wasnt right but its a good idea.Also if you unlock the car and dont open a door within 60 seconds the car automatically locks.

·
Registered
786 Posts
I noticed the wiper relays on my car tonight aswell, only because I had the radio off and was poddeling along at 30. Buy a decat or a cat back, won't hear them then

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
I noticed the wiper relays on my car tonight aswell, only because I had the radio off and was poddeling along at 30. Buy a decat or a cat back, won't hear them then
That's one downside i've noticed since buying my decat. No more 5-pot growl, i'm starting to miss it

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys, just signed up for the year so can actually see and reply to this

Glad to know both are standard things then, can relax a little bit more

That or turn up the music (my solution)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts