Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I've had my st 6 months and its been running fine, however I put bluefin stage 1 and a decat on and I didn't notice any change in fuel costs but I've put stage 2 on and it's killing it lately, my engine light is on because of the de cat obviously, is this normal I'm averaging 18.2mpg ad that's driving nicely. Just seems quite insane

·
Registered
332 Posts
Have you put a lambda spacer on to the decat ,this will save the mil light coming on.
I know a few st owners wi fuel issues,me being one .
BHP don,t come cheap....

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Hi I've had my st 6 months and its been running fine, however I put bluefin stage 1 and a decat on and I didn't notice any change in fuel costs but I've put stage 2 on and it's killing it lately, my engine light is on because of the de cat obviously, is this normal I'm averaging 18.2mpg ad that's driving nicely. Just seems quite insane
i have run stage 2 over the summer and low torque over the winter and have still averaged 24.5 - 25.5

my unmapped average was 26 ..
maybe there is something else the issue, maf sensor ?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've got a spacer but not got round to putting it on, I might just take the map off and see how it is without. I think it's just because of the upgrades I have but wasn't sure if 18mpg is normal for a decat and stage 2 lol.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yeah I do quite a few short journeys through the week so this could be why I guess. And how would i Know if its over fueling? Its using more fuel since the de cat Ive noticed that and also back fires quite alot through gear shifts, very loud ones too which is worrying lol

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
yeah I do quite a few short journeys through the week so this could be why I guess. And how would i Know if its over fueling? Its using more fuel since the de cat Ive noticed that and also back fires quite alot through gear shifts, very loud ones too which is worrying lol
Short journeys are the issue nothing else these cars only average around 20 around town. The pops and bangs are fine don't worry about them just enjoy lol.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
just had full exhaust and cp320 running dp decat intercooler and im getting 24 26 round town short journeys, but that it tickling the throttle pedal, but foot down and it drops to 10mpg......dont really care what mpg its does tbh i knew before having an st the mpg was
.....brought the car for the fun factor and mpg dont really come into it i just love the noise it makes....and love driving it....thats whats its all about mate
the st its such an amassing car !!!!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay then lol I may just take it off for the winter months i feel its wasted power has it dont grip very well in these wet and greasy roads this time of year lol. Also one other thing, Did anyone else find stage 2 abit like jerky at times like felt as if the car was running abit poor? It might just be me looking abit to much into things though

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
popping and banging are normal for a decat, no cat to muffle and stop the fuel getting burnt in the hot exhaust gas, min averages 14-17 on short trips with stage 2, longer journeys ill get 22-24. dont forget on short trips around town there is alot of stop start at lights and junctions so you will be using more fuel to get moving again but also the trip computer aint really the best if your getting 250/300 miles a tank your ok.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Mines standard and im getting 18-19mpg...That's around 230ish per tank!

Can't wait toget modding in the new year only had it a few months now but already want more!

I've got a spacer but not got round to putting it on, I might just take the map off and see how it is without. I think it's just because of the upgrades I have but wasn't sure if 18mpg is normal for a decat and stage 2 lol.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If I take the Car to London and commute locally the MPG drops to less than 18MPG! Even with Boost off the ST is a thirsty
(someone might be able to explain why???)
Its a Car for the open road, then the MPG for smile factor is more than justified. My 25000 miles have mainly been on clear roads so I am happy with the cost of the fuel.
If I was commuting in heavy traffic then the Car would of gone years ago.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Are you guys calculating or using the average readout?
The cold weather plays havoc with the readout!
disconnect you battery for 4hrs to reset everything.

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Are you guys calculating or using the average readout?
The cold weather plays havoc with the readout!
disconnect you battery for 4hrs to reset everything.
Fords disconnected my battery once and it was given high reading when i topped up with the usual £££

1 - 20 of 61 Posts