Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
Im looking at a corsa 1.2sxi or clio 1.2 for my 17 year old daughter.
Has anyone any experience good or bad of either car?
She did want a yellow fiat punto, but managed to talk her out of that one...thank god

Regards....

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
My first car 1.2 Clio. Never had any problems with it but it was brand new and sold before it was two years old. Cheap to buy and run, I averaged 39mpg, oh how I miss those days.

What age of cars are you looking at?

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Dont think either car is MORE reliable than another to be fair mark !!!

Regular maintenance will take care of that - its a father thing. More important to buy a car thats been looked after so reducing the risks of problems. Just in case i'd pay the AA / RAC fees for the year to make sure she is never stranded.

I beleive yours was brand new ( - most people cant afford to buy their kids a new car to knock the corners off.... ) so was probably less at risk of breakdown !!!

Never had reliability issues with any mates that had the corsa. But can think of a clio or two taking a much needed rest on a recovery truck...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(RIK @ 27 Dec 2009, 11:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Dont think either car is MORE reliable than another to be fair mark !!!

Regular maintenance will take care of that - its a father thing. More important to buy a car thats been looked after so reducing the risks of problems. Just in case i'd pay the AA / RAC fees for the year to make sure she is never stranded.

I beleive yours was brand new ( - most people cant afford to buy their kids a new car to knock the corners off.... ) so was probably less at risk of breakdown !!!

Never had reliability issues with any mates that had the corsa. But can think of a clio or two taking a much needed rest on a recovery truck...

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the replies everyone...
Been looking for 03 plate or newer, dont want brand new but also, dont want to be fixing it every w/end

Thanks

·
Registered
204 Posts
Corsa i had a 1.2 16v sxi corsa 53 plate was fantastic never missed a beat once it was the car to have there were at least 10 of us with them noone had probs with them, clios lol don`t do it my misses had a 1.2 authentique nice lil car but electrics are **** big style clios have a lot of niggling problems that can be hard to diagnois

go for the corsa better built sxi is better build quality and the cars just seem alot more solid than clios.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts