Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1201 - 1218 of 1218 Posts

·
Premium Member
ST225 - CP340
1,107 Posts
Tell that to my head its banging,never felt like this before.how on earth can having two jabs reduce the chance of passing it on? Give it a month well be back in lockdown
Sorry to hear that - hopefully you pickup soon!

Remains to be seen if we end up locked down again. IF we do, then it poses a MASSIVE problem to both the UK and other countries... Effectively saying even with a high % of immunity (either from vax or natural) the number of deaths is still too high. In addition, if we can't stay open over summer etc then there's zero chance of winter - either for the UK or anywhere else. As long as the number of deaths / hospitalisations stays below critical levels (read NHS being unable to cope) I can't see why we'd lock down again. The number of deaths vs cases is totally different from previous waves - it'll be a touchy 6-8 weeks but I'm really hoping things will start to settle down a little in the next month or so and cases start to tail off....

We have to learn to live with Covid - lets just hope, this time around we can...

·
Formerly Azionamento
2,759 Posts
Tell that to my head its banging,never felt like this before.how on earth can having two jabs reduce the chance of passing it on? Give it a month well be back in lockdown
I think having 2 jabs results in a significant reduction of the virus affecting you, is why it reduces the chance of passing it on - it is much less likely to get a foothold in a double-jabbed person.

The relaxation of the lockdown rules is because the number going to hospital is just a fraction of those much earlier in the year - the number of people getting infected is less relevant with widespread vaccination.

People still need to be sensible though - I am going to be wearing a face-mask in any crowded in-door place and I know many others think the same...we'll see.:sick:

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,254 Posts
I think having 2 jabs results in a significant reduction of the virus affecting you, is why it reduces the chance of passing it on - it is much less likely to get a foothold in a double-jabbed person.

The relaxation of the lockdown rules is because the number going to hospital is just a fraction of those much earlier in the year - the number of people getting infected is less relevant with widespread vaccination.

People still need to be sensible though - I am going to be wearing a face-mask in any crowded in-door place and I know many others think the same...we'll see.:sick:
I understand that having the jabs reduces how I'll you are likely to get,but its a virus it doesn't know or care,you can only test neg or pos if your pos you can pass it on regardless of how I'll you might be

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
loads at England final at wembley got virus I know a lad 0 jabs was with ahis mate 2 jabs

few days later both have symptoms .....about as bad as each other (like flu) lad wiith 2 jabs was positive

lad without jabs wasnt ....just shows we can all get it and be ill for a few days in that way how can this ever end ?!

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,254 Posts
loads at England final at wembley got virus I know a lad 0 jabs was with ahis mate 2 jabs

few days later both have symptoms .....about as bad as each other (like flu) lad wiith 2 jabs was positive

lad without jabs wasnt ....just shows we can all get it and be ill for a few days in that way how can this ever end ?!
It won't end Andy, all the vaccine does reduce bad illnes/death any thing else is bull

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS
2,999 Posts
There are some doubters in this world. Science is not exact in fact far from it, It normally takes years to perfect things tweaking here and there as new data becomes available. What all the experts have done in such a short space of time with this virus is in my opinion amazing and I’m sure as time moves on with more data coming available they will get it even better.

If all the vaccine does is reduce bad illness and death I would take that every day of the week compared to what the outlook was 18 months ago...

·
Formerly Azionamento
2,759 Posts
Exactly,very disturbing
No - I disagree. If the double-jabbed people have a 95% chance of not getting ill then only a small number end up getting seriously ill and going to hospital. The unvaccinated are nationally in an increasing small minority.

Doesn't it make sense the % of people that have been double-jabbed is rising as a proportion of those admitted to hospital?

Also remember the total number of people in hospital is currently very small due to CV.

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,254 Posts
No - I disagree. If the double-jabbed people have a 95% chance of not getting ill then only a small number end up getting seriously ill and going to hospital. The unvaccinated are nationally in an increasing small minority.

Doesn't it make sense the % of people that have been double-jabbed is rising as a proportion of those admitted to hospital?

Also remember the total number of people in hospital is currently very small due to CV.
Yes IF!!! I just don't believe the bull any more, double jabbed people are getting I'll and spreading this virus just like anyone else

·
Premium Member
Paul Mk3.5 st3
2,254 Posts
There are some doubters in this world. Science is not exact in fact far from it, It normally takes years to perfect things tweaking here and there as new data becomes available. What all the experts have done in such a short space of time with this virus is in my opinion amazing and I’m sure as time moves on with more data coming available they will get it even better.

If all the vaccine does is reduce bad illness and death I would take that every day of the week compared to what the outlook was 18 months ago...
Agree with you Jason, all I'm saying is people that have been double jabbed can still spread the virus so why is everyone so relaxed lol

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,439 Posts
60% are vaccinated Alb
Have you actually read the article?

Sixty percent of people being admitted to hospital with COVID-19 are unvaccinated, the government's chief scientific adviser has said.
Earlier, Sir Patrick Vallance told a news briefing that figure was for double-jabbed people. But he later corrected himself on Twitter, saying the original statistic was false.

He posted: "Correcting a statistic I gave at the press conference today, 19 July.
"About 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are not from double-vaccinated people, rather 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are currently from unvaccinated people."

1201 - 1218 of 1218 Posts