Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have just checked my coolant level and when iv removed the cap and looked into the expansion tank there seems to be a build up of sludge? The coolant hasn't turned to a milky colour and is still orange.

Is this anything to worry about or has anyone else had this issue?

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do the particles look oily and is there a sweet smell when the car is ticking over ?
No the particles aren't oily, it's like a limescale round the outer of the tank sorry its hard to describe. It does have a coolant smell when engine is warm.

The car had a coolant leak and the radiator was changed in March this year.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Alright thanks for that. I'm going to ring dealer first thing hopefully its covered under warranty.

There has been no other signs and car has been running perfect only realised as I'm going away Thursday so was just double checking everything before we leave.

·
Registered
Jason SB MK3 RS MAXD 400
3,479 Posts
Hopefully it’s not mate there was a recall issue on all RS’s with the HG so it was common for a lot of engines to fail but not heard of many MK3 ST’s failing 🤞

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
If the radiator was changed & they flushed it through before removing it likely any sludge & muck was flushed through into the header tank. My first thought would be to take the tank off and give it a good clean. Top it up with fresh coolant & see if the muck comes back. Probably won't. If you were driving around with a blown head gasket or similar you would know by now & the least worry would be some muck in your header tank!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts