Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my coolant levels the other day when when i noticed what can only be described as a residue similar to limescale but orange in colour coating the inside of the header tank. Has any one else noticed this and is there anything to worry about?

Im wondering if the tank is that bad what the pipes are like!! Is there anything to get rid of the build up?

Ive never added or topped up the coolant levels, but i believe ford have.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
I was looking at my coolant levels the other day when when i noticed what can only be described as a residue similar to limescale but orange in colour coating the inside of the header tank. Has any one else noticed this and is there anything to worry about?

Im wondering if the tank is that bad what the pipes are like!! Is there anything to get rid of the build up?

Ive never added or topped up the coolant levels, but i believe ford have.
hi matey. i would say your anti freeze is past its sell by date. probably need to get the system flushed and some new coolant added.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Might be a good idea to get it changed, prob nothing to worry about. Just keep an eye on the levels. Do you do lots of short journeys?
Thanks for replies guys, yeah i do a lot of short journeys work is only 3miles away!!? I presume thats not good?

Wil see if i cant get it changed rough ideas on costs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.