Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
1,599 Posts
This one's a little way off but I thought I'd start it off!

Some of you may have met Dave (Choccymonster) before or at our Breakfast club meet in December. He's got a meet organised for February in Somerset and I'm hoping to get as many of us down to support him as possible. Follow the link below to Choccy's thread:

Taunton Meet Thread

It'll mean an early-ish start as we'll need to be at the Taunton Deane services on the M5 for 11.00, but it promises to be a good day out if last year was anything to go by! We can either meet at Star City like usual or the Frankly services on the M5 - i'm open to suggestions.

Let me know if you'll be joining me to convoy down and i'll add your name to the list.

EDIT: Don't forget to let Choccy know via his thread that you'll be coming along!

All the best

Rich

rickylee
shammo007
theengineer
MatST-3

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hi Rich

I should be up for it. I'm easy as to where we meet as live not too far from you anyway so either is easy for me.

Hope you've had a decent chrimbo and have a good new year.

Si

·
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good man Si, yeah I've had a good christmas cheers bud, I'll see you at the Breakfast club

·
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(The Engineer @ 28 Dec 2009, 01:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Rich you know I'm going, add me 2 the list.Hope you had a good christmasThought you would be Rob but I didn't like to presume!QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 28 Dec 2009, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>id be up for this i live in cheltenham??You could wait on the slip road and pick us up as we drove past Matt?

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
I had the delight of driving the length of the M5 on Wednesday.

Frankly Services to Taunton Deane Services is 1 hour and 45 mins, at a steady motorway pace and allowing for the mandatory 50mph limits in the roadworks....

·
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
QUOTE(choccymonster @ 1 Jan 2010, 12:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I had the delight of driving the length of the M5 on Wednesday.

Frankly Services to Taunton Deane Services is 1 hour and 45 mins, at a steady motorway pace and allowing for the mandatory 50mph limits in the roadworks....

Cheers Dave, are they still doing those round Bristol? They were a nightmare in the summer, at least the road should be clear in February.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(rickylee @ 1 Jan 2010, 02:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Cheers Dave, are they still doing those round Bristol? They were a nightmare in the summer, at least the road should be clear in February.

There are assorted opportunities to do 50mph along the M5 at the moment.

Most notably the LONG roadworks outside Frankey itself. However, there are a couple more as you get nearer Bristol. Right now, there aren't any (I believe) round Bristol itself, but there is plenty of time for North Somerset County Council to rectify that little oversight.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Right just though I would refresh this thread seeing as Dave's meet is next weekend.
Just confirming everyone is still going, I have set aside Saturday to detail the car. So if all systems are green should be a quality day out.
Also confirming wear we are going to meet for the convoy. As I'm located at the bottom of the M42 and so going to Frankley and star cities is in the wrong direction 4 me!
Any ideas people?

·
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm open to suggestions Rob, me and Si will probably meet up at Stab City then find our way to the M5. I'm thinking of going straight down through Birmingham to get on at junction 4, unfortunately I don't know South Brum that well so i'm not sure of a good meeting point there. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Talking to my grandad who lives in Taunton, i'm gonna go down the day befour from Manchester (
long way, but hey i'm sure the meet will be worth it!) and stay with him. So will see you on the sunday at the services, good luck with Stab city and hopefully no cops this time!!

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Hey Guys i am going to this meet aswell. I will probably catch you guys up on the M5 down to taunton as S/city is the opposite way to were i live.
Should be a good day

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Well i am leaving Birmingham at around 8.30-45am. google maps is saying it will take around an hour to get to Cheltenham so i will be around there at 9.40. I am sure i will at that point have caught up with the rest of the midlands lot. so best ask rickylee what he thinks but i am sure one of us could give you a ring so you can join us on the M5

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
hi im meeting up with steelsnake at junction 13 at about 930 so we'll wait on the slip road and wait for u to come past just need to know what time for defo ull be passing

·
Registered
94 Posts
I'll sort out with Rich what time we are leaving the city and that should give you a rough idea at what time we'll be passing you guys.

Rich drop me a PM about it when you get a chance and we can sort it out.

Si

·
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We're looking at 2.5 hours from Star City to Taunton Dean so will be leaving Brum at 8:30. If people want to wait on slip roads and join up with us that'll be great, I think it's just me and Si from the start but it will be good to see the convoy grow

I won't be able to ring people as I don't have Bluetooth in my car, but you should be able to work out what time we'll be getting to where you are. Head over to Google maps, our starting point is B7 5SA at 8:30, just get directions to where you'll be and it'll give you a journey time.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts