Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I'm getting an iTouch as a birthday pressie from the Command Module later this week.

From searching the web I need to convert DVD's into MP4 or another format that I can't recall.

I've got an iMac - can anyone recommend any of the software out there that can do this - which is preferably free of charge! - and safe?

Anyone done this and is it easy to do?

·
Registered
1,596 Posts
DVDFab6 is the best DVD converter thats I've used, but as you are in the unfortunate position of having an IMac, that'll be no good!

·
Registered
824 Posts
Don't think Videora works with Macs? It certainly doesn't rip DVD's - you'll need other software for that, something like DVD decryptor works well on windows.

Videora will convert to MP4 though and will even put the files into itunes for you, its a great pice of software, use it in conjunction with Azureus (non copywrited files only though) and you are sorted.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whats wrong with Mac - I'll never go back to the evil Microsoft empire!

Heard of something called HANDBRAKE?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Rick @ 3 Feb 2010, 06:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>got HANDBRAKE

Rick,

This was recommended by a chap at the Apple store and I have just started using it - pain that it's not all in one - it wants to download VLC, then states its 64bit and then does nothing.

Still getting to grips with the Mac so probably going round the houses working it all out but have successfully done 2 dvd's and sorted out the artwork for them too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts