Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i spoke to guy who is supposed to be refurbing my alloy and charging kwik fit for it....

i said to him i was planning on getting all 4 refurb'd anyway and painted black so he said to me i may aswell wait till im ready to do all 4 and he would just charge me for the 3. As just refurbing 1 would be a waste of time if i was planning on painting them anyway.

he sent me a quote today of £310 for 3 wheels! does anyone else think this is extreme!?!?

·
Registered
583 Posts
I've just paid £180 for full refurb and colour change (not black grey something special but don't wanna spoil the surprise) and calipers painting

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i do ish ! thonk they charge around here 300 to 400 but one of my pals are doing them at the mo for 250 for the lot??

but i think i hav found out what he s doing ? there a place in blackpool called tec coating ! and they charge 30.00 to 35.00 per wheel to powder coat std cols 30 each !

so he making 130 for taking wheels of and tyres and sending them to them he will not admit it ! tho

I've just paid £180 for full refurb and colour change (not black grey something special but don't wanna spoil the surprise) and calipers painting
well i dont wanna know now ! then

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well theres a place near me called trestans that charge 30 per wheel so thats 120 for all 4 dont know what they charge for taking tyres off but i can imagine its still a hell of a lot cheaper than 100 per wheel seems a joke!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I got mine done for £160, that was tyres off, sand blast, refurb, powder coat gloss black, tyres back on.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thing is this leaves me in a predicament (excuse my spelling) as quickfit use these peolpe to refurb wheels, and they owe me a refurb on 1 wheel, and they are not going to let me choose who i use, so do i just get all for done at a place of my choice and let quickfit off the hook or do i get 1 of 4 wheels refurbed twice and painted once? lol sorry if this sounds confusing.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
think i will speak to kwik fits head office and arrange whats fair with them... as said above in my opinion it should be up to me where i get it done

·
Registered
583 Posts
If its bothering you just get the one wheel sorted. Then shop around and get a good refurb price when your ready. If its a free refurb it's not doing harming your pocket and will work out cheaper to get the full set done anyways so you not losing out

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
thing is this leaves me in a predicament (excuse my spelling) as quickfit use these peolpe to refurb wheels, and they owe me a refurb on 1 wheel, and they are not going to let me choose who i use, so do i just get all for done at a place of my choice and let quickfit off the hook or do i get 1 of 4 wheels refurbed twice and painted once? lol sorry if this sounds confusing.
In my opinion, you ask them for the money that they are willing to pay to get it done for you on the grounds that it will look newer than all of the others then, and that seeing as that is the case you will get them all done but at a place that you trust.

Or you do as suggested and get the one done for now, but i was quoted £40 a wheel for an 18" and above in Edinburgh and there is no way i would be paying £310 for 3 wheels

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If its bothering you just get the one wheel sorted. Then shop around and get a good refurb price when your ready. If its a free refurb it's not doing harming your pocket and will work out cheaper to get the full set done anyways so you not losing out
yeah thats prob best thanks

·
Registered
606 Posts
Alternate option if Kwik Fit won't budge, take another members alloy that needs refurbing to the guy, charge £35 ish to the member and put that towards having all four done somewhere else.

·
Registered
197 Posts
You shouldn't be paying anymore than £60 a wheel max unless they are really bad. But 40 notes a wheel on a ford should do you.

Most i know of someone paying is £250 for 1 wheel...... mind it was a 5k set of alloys on a lambo.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
yeah thats prob best thanks
By the sounds of it if Kwik fit are getting a company they use "all the time" ...they probably said for them to go in high so they dont have to pay for a wheel re-furb themselves.....a place near me charges £50 a wheel re-furb and color......on 18"....get the danmaged wheel repaired then get all four colour changed yourself....least you know you got summit out of them

1 - 20 of 20 Posts