Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there just got bt home hub broadband
Ive set it up how it is suppose to go and inserted the CD i then followed the instructions.
after putting in the SSID name and also the WIRELESS KEY password. i came up with ....cheacking connection to hub... which it came back with connected ! the it was checking the wireless key and it came back failed. but Ive typed in what it say on the back of the hub so any one any ideas?

i can connect using the Ethernet cable.
i use to connect my laptop wireless to my next door so i no my computer seems fine with wireless.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I had a similar problem when connecting my phone to my home hub. It would say "Authenticated Failed" but the WEP Key is stored in the phone so hadnt changed. I switched the hub off for 10 seconds and back on again and it worked fine.

If that doesnt work, I would give BT a call. I had a problem about a year ago with my Belkin adapter connecting to the homehub, they are really helpful and were able to remote into my PC to change some settings which allowed me to connect wirelessly. This was all at 3am too (I couldnt sleep!
)

Brilliant Customer Service

·
Registered
481 Posts
Yes make sure your using the correct key. Also i found it easier to connect mine wired and then go wireless

·
Administrator
2,254 Posts
had a similar problem ..... I have connected desk computer via ethenet and lap top / iphone wireless now ......

But all the settings had to be changed and was a bit complicated so BT did it for me remotely ... they were really good and didn't have to wait long for the call to be answered and problem sorted.

·
Registered
11,562 Posts
You will need to log in with the ethernet cable first as Amanda says - you will need to set up the BT Internet username & Password to connect to the Internet service

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks so much for the replies ppl

i phoned BT up today and they was so helpful they just logged onto my laptop and set everthing up and now its fine

soo happy now lol

just need to get my ps3 set up now

once again cheers

nathan

·
Registered
481 Posts
I was going to say before you contact BT and they remote operate your computer, make sure the wallpaper is whats the word
suitable... Unlike mine was when they took over my laptop... Oh

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
QUOTE(theboy @ 15 Dec 2009, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I was going to say before you contact BT and they remote operate your computer, make sure the wallpaper is whats the word
suitable... Unlike mine was when they took over my laptop... Oh

haha go on mate you gotta tell us now

·
Registered
481 Posts
I had a image of a lady kind of sprawled over a motorbike
Nothing bad just i think the Indian guy that took over my computer was suprised
I tried blame the wife

1 - 11 of 11 Posts