Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv searched and searched on here and it still doesnt make sense.

right im still on the hunt for my ST just carnt find 1 that fits the bill!!
1 thing thanks came up after reading advert after advert after advert some say ipod some dont. So iv read on here about the ipod connections. and im even more confused than what i was when i started. (in my little head i had a picture of a ipod connection socket and you pluged it in and away you go) after readiong on here it doesnt seem that simple havin to run cables stuff

can some 1 please explain in plain and simple english what you need and how it works?

I beleve the only part in my head thats right is that you need the mroe modern looking head unit????

thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
14,681 Posts
At the very least an ST will have an AUX socket in the glove box to connect an ipod. Later models with Bluetooth/USB can be connected via the USB/3.5mm sockets fitted in the centre armrest giving more functionality.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so if a focus has a usb socket/3.5 socket i just need the right cable the ipod goes in the glove box,,,, can i then change tracks via head unit?
there is 4 head units i have noticed while loking at STs and presume the 3 in the list is the better 1?

1 very basic and black
2 shiney black look lights up gree?
3 more rounded look can be seen in new STs
4 sat nav?

am i correcT?

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
QUOTE(bbg404 @ 10 Feb 2010, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>so if a focus has a usb socket/3.5 socket i just need the right cable the ipod goes in the glove box,,,, can i then change tracks via head unit?
there is 4 head units i have noticed while loking at STs and presume the 3 in the list is the better 1?

1 very basic and black
2 shiney black look lights up gree?
3 more rounded look can be seen in new STs
4 sat nav?

am i correcT?

If car has usb along with the standard 3.5mm socket you will need this cable:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GENUINE-FORD-IPO...2b1a151ffe369bb

Your dealer should have them in stock - mines does. If they don't there's always Ebay.

You will be able to control ipod via headunit.

If it only has satndard 3.5mm socket in the glovebox you will just need a 3.5mm cable. But will not be able to control ipod via headunit.

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
Allan , I've got the Sony stereo but no 3.5m jack in the glove box .. Does the stereo have a 3.5 on the back ??
If so I could just use any cable to connect to my iPhone

1 - 6 of 6 Posts