Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had a descent quote from any of our site sponsors? I tried last year and Ive got to say I was very disappointed. The quotes were 200-300 pound more than the more main stream companies such as Churchill, Direct Line etc etc.

It seems like the only people to benifit are younger drivers who pay throught the nose for everything. The more (cough) mature (cough) drivers dont seem to benifit as much.

The insurance is due for renewal this month and was wondering if it would be worth my while getting quotes, as there seems to be a few more to choose from this year.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
As it happens, I am in the process of trying to sort my own insurance for the ST. Mainstream is about 3-400 more or won't insure with the wife on the policy with current mods. Currently trying to barter with Sky (sponsor) and Adrian Flux. With the modifications, the price is not much more than renewal (although was disappointed in renewal as it came back £80 more than last year).

I'd definitely say to give them ago. If nothing else, at least you know where you stand.

·
Vendor
709 Posts
Have you both tried our scheme?
In terms of growth business, FocusSToc is our second best forum out of 180+!

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
QUOTE([email protected] @ 4 Jan 2010, 02:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Have you both tried our scheme?
In terms of growth business, FocusSToc is our second best forum out of 180+!

Yes Tim, you wouldn't insure my wife on my policy so a no goer I'm afraid.
If this has changed then feel free to drop me a pm and a number to call you on to discuss further.
Renewal is the 6th Jan.

·
Vendor
709 Posts
QUOTE(MST @ 4 Jan 2010, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Yes Tim, you wouldn't insure my wife on my policy so a no goer I'm afraid.
If this has changed then feel free to drop me a pm and a number to call you on to discuss further.
Renewal is the 6th Jan.

Ah sorry. Is she under 25 or full licence for less that a year?

·
Vendor
709 Posts
QUOTE(MST @ 4 Jan 2010, 04:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Neither - 37 and 2yrs 5mths.

Any claims for her?

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
That is why I sent PM as didn't wish to offend or take over your thread. Apologies.

I'd still say give the sponsors a try. You never do know.

Mark

·
Vendor
523 Posts
The site sponsors products will be good for the majority but will never please everyone. There is no insurance company out there who can beat every other price out there, if there was, they would be the only insurer in the UK!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
We went with kwikfit for the civic as they were cheaper and offered £45 via Quidco. Haven't used them for a claim but the policy looks ok.

·
Registered
327 Posts
QUOTE(SkyInsurance @ 5 Jan 2010, 11:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The site sponsors products will be good for the majority but will never please everyone. There is no insurance company out there who can beat every other price out there, if there was, they would be the only insurer in the UK!

have you information or were to get a quoye from you? my insurance up for renewal

·
Vendor
523 Posts
QUOTE(bully09 @ 12 Jan 2010, 10:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>have you information or were to get a quoye from you? my insurance up for renewal

Hi,

you can call us on 02083645500 or you are welcome to PM me your contact details and I can arrange a call back.

Please mention your membership of the site when you call us as we give you a discount.

Thanks

Ollie
Sky Insurance

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well after being quoted on average £550+ by our site sponsors
, we are both in our 40`s and have never claimed ffs, we went with Kwikfit and are now paying £340 fully comp/mods declared.

Also another plus for Kwikfit........a free MOT, and as the
will be 3 years old in May it couldnt have been better timed.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I just made my renewal with Sky they gave me a great quote with all the mods declared. Normal insurers wouldnt let me declare all my mods and then charged through the nose for the ones they would insure.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts