Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Hi All,

I want to get a bit more kick from my current setup and wanted your advise.

I am running a Kenwood double din unit at the moment and want a bit more bass. Nothing too 'barryboys' just something to give the music more character & depth.

I have been looking at compact & subtle 8" subs in thin compact sub boxes, can anyone suggest some suitable solutions I can consider, ideally with pics if you have done this to your ST?

Oh yeah, the alternative needs to be as cost effective as possible without being
quality!

Cheers.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice setup, I had a simaler one in my old Celica GT but it was too loud and took up too much space for my needs now.

I have been suggested by an ICE installer the 8" JL Audio W3 sub in a very compact box but he wanted nearlly 500 notes to buy and install the thing with an amp and wanted something half the price ideally.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Not a clue mate but tried to give you an alternative to the first suggestion

I am sure there will be something inbetween that suits. My original suggestion I am led to believe can be wired in through the rear speakers and therefore no need to get the wires back to the headunit.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Nice setup, I had a simaler one in my old Celica GT but it was too loud and took up too much space for my needs now.

I have been suggested by an ICE installer the 8" JL Audio W3 sub in a very compact box but he wanted nearlly 500 notes to buy and install the thing with an amp and wanted something half the price ideally.
yer mate ive been running the jl w7 12" for a while now its an amazing sub but im feeling the punch off a 10" , ive never had a better sub than the jl.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts