Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2007 mk2 pfl in electric orange
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right guys bit of a problem, I've had a 200 cell sports cat fitted about six months ago, and had a new Bosh o2 sensor fitted, i got the P0420 code come up every 3 weeks or so. I then had a new Airtec downpipe fitted with a new Bosh sensor now the code is appearing every four days, today it came up twice in two days. I keep clearing the code, but quite frankly it's getting on my nerves, i have read that it's the cat at fault, all these items were purchased from AandK, why is it you can add these items to your car to improve the performance but end up with these add ons causing problems, seriously thinking of putting the old cat back on. Anyone else had this problem and if so found a way around the problem, it just seems a waste of money.

·
Premium Member
MK2 facelift st 2000 puma millennium Chinese 125cc scrambler
2,175 Posts
I've got a 200 cell sports cat from a&k fitted with no issues, never had the eml come on and sailed through the emissions test on the mot.

Is the car mapped? I found that when running one of the bluefin maps (I think it was 3+) it would randomly throw up the eml and the p0420 code.

·
Premium Member
2007 mk2 pfl in electric orange
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Kenny, I'll order one and see how it goes, if not I've still got the old cat i can put back on if push comes to shove.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Thanks Kenny, I'll order one and see how it goes, if not I've still got the old cat i can put back on if push comes to shove.
I’m sure it will work, if it will do it for a 100cell I’m sure it will be spot on for a 200cell
I’m waiting for mine to come on, just fitted a mongoose 200cell cat to the new focus and I know mod x hasn’t got it mapped in, so most likely I’ll be fitting one again soon 😂.

·
Premium Member
5,873 Posts
The hardest thing about fitting these is usually getting the old sensor out of the pipe but they do work a treat! However if yours is fairly new you shouldn't have a problem. Just be careful of the wiring & plug to the sensor as I remember finding mine to be quite fragile due presumably to the heat it puts up with.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts