Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,188 Posts
Like a lot of modded STs the clutch is beginning to slip. I'm running about 290bhp and 350 torque and no plans to go further.

I was thinking RS clutch upgrade, but the price puts me off
http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/ford-focus/clutch-kits/813-dsci-st225-clutch-full-kit.php

However they do an updated ST item
http://www.dreamscience-automotive.co.uk/ford-focus/clutch-kits/828-dsci-st225-clutch.php

I know the flywheel is not changed, but having fitted an uprated one on my previous car I can't say it was worth it.

Is the above the same case with the ST?

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,087 Posts
I mentioned doing this a few weeks ago as it saves around half the price of the full RS clutch.

I asked if anyone had done just the pressure plate and release bearing but got no response.

BTW the OP is lucky to have got to 290... my ST slips with just DS Race (approx 265bhp/295lbft) ...

·
Registered
257 Posts
I would rather pay that bit extra and get the Rs set up because if you do want to seek more power which you will eventually it will handle it a lot better and it will save you having to keep replacing st clutches

·
Registered
590 Posts
I had the rs clutch kit fitted on tuesday, I thought about getting just the pressure plate and friction disc but for peace of mind and possibly saving me another 4 hours labour I got the lot done.

·
Registered
964 Posts
It's not double the price, 300 +about 250 fitting or 750 fitted for complete kit

For 200 difference I'd rather save on the 4 hours labour if the flywheel goes.

But like others said, if you don't have many miles on the car the flywheel might last a while so certainly easier on the wallet

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,087 Posts
I'm going for just the pressure plate and release bearing in the New Year... seeing my flywheel has only done 12000m.

I'll let you know how it goes over the coming months (and years. hopefully) ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts