Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone getting DS mapping software soon month or so maybe sooner, but have read into it and seems some peoples clutches slip after installing DS, i know this is not down to DS but people with rooked clutches, got me thinking could I possibly be one of its unlucky few?. Im driving a 08 plate facelift ST had 11k miles on it when I bought it and I don't rag it from the start line at all or rest my foot on the clutch pedal when driving, i have also read that its more common in 07 plate ST's is this true or not? my car currently has 17k miles on the clock so what do you guys with DS or slipping clutches think could I be a good contender for this nightmare problem to occur to? or is it just pot luck? comments welcome

cheers

Brian

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Try it and see - myself I know it's not related to 07 plate ST's only cos I used to get clutch/flywheel slipping only when running DSCi and my car is 56 plate. Ok on all other maps I tried.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I think its just a suck-it and see, I'm getting a fair amount of mods done in the next week,d/s cais,full milltek,proalloy i/c and Mod-C.

If my clutch slips it slips, I'll just have to try and squeeze the £900 out of the wife for a DMF and RS clutch,happy days

·
Registered
13,922 Posts
Brian mine is an 05 and i have run code red, pumabuild and ds maps with no clutch problems at all. You will just have to try it mate.

·
Registered
342 Posts
My St is a 57 reg, currently getting the RS duel mass flywheel, clutch & quaife atb diff fitted. Suffered from intermittent clutch slip in 4th, 5th & 6th for almost 12 months....
Running Pumabuild map, radtec cooler, K&N gen 2, mongoose downpipe, 100 cell sport cat & mongoose system.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts