Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch is slipping badly starting doing it in 5th an 6th but getting worse. Ford wont do it as they say it's general wear and tear! Only done 10,500 miles! What parts are needed for an RS clutch and how involved is it? Cheers for any help

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
10,500 miles -wear and tear !! i think NOT .
sodding dealers ...quick enough to take your money arnt they soon as problem arrives they dont want to know !
what year is your car ?
is/has it been re mapped ?
full service history?
are you the only owner since new?
if the cars still in waranty why wont fords do this work for you ?
some ford dealers just havent got a clue as to how to retain customers /give a decent level of service /and dont like to carry out warranty work ,makes me wonder why we actually still buy fords products !

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
QUOTE(glennboysst3 @ 4 Dec 2009, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>10,500 miles -wear and tear !! i think NOT .
sodding dealers ...quick enough to take your money arnt they soon as problem arrives they dont want to know !
what year is your car ?
is/has it been re mapped ?
full service history?
are you the only owner since new?
if the cars still in waranty why wont fords do this work for you ?
some ford dealers just havent got a clue as to how to retain customers /give a decent level of service /and dont like to carry out warranty work ,makes me wonder why we actually still buy fords products !

If it's running standard power, then I think you've got a case as they definitely shouldn't fail after only 10,500 miles.

In fairness though, if it has been remapped, then you can't reasonably expect them to cover it under warranty.

Drop Gary AKA 'Wolfman' a PM and I'm sure he'll give you a price for a fitted RS clutch if you're interested...

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
I'm getting what occassionally feels like clutch slippage around 3000rpm when accelerating hard, but Gary at Profile thinks it may be the pressure plate. Even though it was replaced in January when the new engine was installed, Ford made the clutch bite and pedal feel softer from cars made '06 onwards. Gary says he hasn't heard of any 05/55 cars having clutch slippage problems.

I'm going to get the clutch/brake fluid changed first, although at the moment I am having occassions where the car is also popping out of gear when shifting up.

·
Vendor
2,677 Posts
QUOTE(Thunder#59 @ 4 Dec 2009, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Focus 2008 (+)"GB" 2.5L Duratec-RS (305PS)
Clutch Kit (Cover & Plate)
Part Number: 1670062
Retail Price: £143.25
You Pay: £114.60
Focus 2008 (+)"GB" 2.5L Duratec-RS (305PS)
Clutch Slave Cylinder & Bearing Hub Assy
Part Number: 1599267
Retail Price: £84.22
You Pay: £67.38

https://www.fordpartsuk.com/partsrequest.htm

just got mine...3 days after ordering

You have missed off the Duel Mass Flywheel - on a few of the cars which we are uprating the clutches we are also finding that the flywheel is goosed. - The RS flywheel has a higher torque/power rating

15775135 9M5N 6477AA RS 2009 DM Flywheel RRP £349.60

·
Registered
448 Posts
To the OP.

race+ is most likely the main problem. Many of us, including me, are happily running a weak clutch and a remap without slip. Change the map to perf+ or get a Bluefin and use the reduced torque maps. Not as much fun as race plus but not that much less power.

david

·
Registered
23 Posts
Give Alan at Pumabuild a call, they have my car in at the moment having an RS clutch fitted and some paint work done.

Running the stage 2 bluefin map i was experiencing what i thought was clutch slip at 3000 rpm in 3rd gear, but not all the time. Now running stage 3 bluefin and everything is ok, but i thought it common sense if running a lot more torque how long will the standard clutch last So i think it should be a good investment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts