Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Does anyone else's clutch pedal sit about 2-3 cm from its top point, i.e can you put your foot under it and lift it up? mine doesn't spring right up to the very top. I have driven another ST, althou a post face lift one and the pedal boings right back up.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Hi

Does anyone else's clutch pedal sit about 2-3 cm from its top point, i.e can you put your foot under it and lift it up? mine doesn't spring right up to the very top. I have driven another ST, althou a post face lift one and the pedal boings right back up.

Cheers

Rob
Mines the same, but not sure whats wrong if anything??

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers for the reply Dave

The pedal in mine is low all the time, i.e you can always lift it up a couple of cm's, not sure if anything is wrong? almost feels like a return spring is missing or something like that.

Cheers

·
Vendor
2,676 Posts
There is a small secondary return spring which is meant to return the pedal to the top. We have come across a few which do not return all the way for some reason - however it does not seem to effect the operation of the clutch

Browner - I love your signature graphic

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply Gary, do you know if the spring can be replaced or is it inbuilt into the pedal box?

Cheers

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Thanks for the reply Gary, do you know if the spring can be replaced or is it inbuilt into the pedal box?

Cheers
Mine is in Ford at the minute for clutch pedal drop.

Just got a call from ford saying they have to order a Clutch pedal and it will be fitted tomorrow.

I also spoke to a guy at Mountune on there coffee open day the other week and he said it maybe the slave cylinder in the Gearbox.

Lets see if the New Clutch pedal does the trick.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Quick update car not done yet.

But needed car to get to work tonight.

Rung dealer service department at 4pm to find out if my car was done.

Got told that they will find out what was going on and ring me STRAIGHT back.

4.40 I call them back to get a different person which then tells me his system has just gone down and he also will call me back.

4.55 i get a call from the first guy i spoke to.

To which i replied better late than never.

He then tells me the part only arrived at 4.30 pm.

So i have car to get to work tonight then drop it off tomorrow for them to hopefully get it finished.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for taking the time to reply mate, keep me informed and what exact parts they replace.

Good luck and I hope your car gets sorted

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I recently had a problem with my clutch pedal "sticking" in the middle and you had to pull the pedal back to the top, turned out to be the slave cylinder and by the time it failed i then had to replace every part of the clutch system (slave cylinder, dual mass flywheel, friction and pressure plates) which was not a cheap bill, especially as im looking to sell the car now
oh well at least the new owner will get a brand new clucth system

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Car back in at fords this morning.

Fingers crossed it will be fixed by tonight
Still no car.

Spring missing on new clutch pedal.

All parts now at service centre for tomorrow job.

Also found out that service bloke that told me parts didnt arrive until 4.30pm on tuesday was lying.

As my friend works at dealership and he told me the parts where delivered 10am tuesday morning.

And car was not done due to lack of staff. Wouldn't of minded if he was honest with me.

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
have to agree clive ,alls they had to do is tel the truth cheeky swines anoy me when they start decieveing people ,fingers crossed alls done and well for tom for you mate.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I also have the pedal slightly down in again seems worse in the winter but when you pull it back up it seems fine. Not sure if I should get it looked at before warrenty runs out?

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I also have the pedal slightly down in again seems worse in the winter but when you pull it back up it seems fine. Not sure if I should get it looked at before warrenty runs out?
I would mate just incase it's slave cylinder in gearbox which a couple of people have had.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Just rung the service department and spoke to
service bloke.

Car is ready to pick up.

Just waiting for my mate to finish work to give me a lift to get my car back finger crossed.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts