Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help with the FINIS number and general ball-park price for the complete clutch pedal assy for a pre-facelift ST?

I'm assuming it would be the pedal, bracket, clutch master cylinder etc all in one assembly.

The bit i'm actually after is the white plastic retainer cup which pivots at one end of the double spring thingy which extends as the clutch is operated (not the return spring as such) but i'd be gobsmacked if this is available on it's own

Thanks

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I had squeaky clutch pedal before Helix clutch and i bought a spring, which comes in with a cup of sorts. I never got around to using it and if that's what you want you can have it for free. I'll get picture up in about two hours after gym.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds very promising mate, thanks a lot

Please tell me there's a way of changing it in situ without taking the dash out or hiring a pygmy to reach in to where it is

·
Registered
552 Posts
as far as I know, lower panel below the steering column is removable... if its not, dash removal isnt as drastic as it sounds because the focus has a split dash.. front half with soft touch is separate to the back half, as a result when removing the front half you dont even need to remove steering wheel, column.

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers, I hadn't realised that the panel below the steering column could be taken off, so far I've just weighed up how to remove the whole pedal as I was assuming the plastic cup was part of an assembly. I think i'd rather remove the lot than try to split the dash and risk the associated trim damage. Apart from the clutch pipe connections most ofg it looks just about accessible apart from 1 fir-tree clip securing some wiring to the bracket.

Any clues as to where etis has hidden the clutch pedal section would be appreciated

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fixing part of the clutch pedal mechanism that's busted and causes the pedal to click unless it's raised slowly

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(vladSTer @ 19 Feb 2010, 10:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ello Troy. Please excuse dodgy pictures
The spring was a part of a TSB to do with squeaky clutch pedal. I was desperately trying to find a printout I had somewhere but failed miserably.

View attachment 37618 View attachment 37619 View attachment 37620
Vlad, you're a star
that's the little fella.

After you mentioned TSB's I had a look around and found it now - TSB 09/06, 'Pedal Force Reduction Spring', and the good news is that it can be changed in situ. The bad news is there's a special retainer tool you're supposed to need but I can get someone to look into that. Out of interest how old is your car, going off the TSB mine was built about a week before they changed the design
(1st Sept 06)

If you don't need the spring now i'll gladly take it off your hands

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
no worries mate!
My car is 07/2006 built and i think it should be same as yours. I'll post you the spring on monday, just tell me where.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts