Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had this problem for a while and really not sure what it is, when i first start up the car and its running cold i get this wierd noise as im accelerating and lifting off the clutch in 1st gear, i really dont know how to describe this noise but when the engines warm it tends to just dissapear its only as im pulling away in 1st, im just wondering if maybe anyone else ever had this issue?

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
mate if you can't describe the noise i am not sure anyone else will be able to!

my car makes all manner of noises when its cold, 5 minutes down the road everything settles down

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i know its difficult lol was just wondering if some1 might read it and had a similar thing lol

if it helps you can almost feel it in the clutch pedal as u lift off like a vibration

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
yeah i know its difficult lol was just wondering if some1 might read it and had a similar thing lol

if it helps you can almost feel it in the clutch pedal as u lift off like a vibration
Your best bet is to take an experienced mechanic or at least someone who knows there stuff out with you, to help with the diagnosis otherwise it could be any number of things.

·
Registered
1,334 Posts

If it only happens once when you drive off then its the ABS self check but should only happen once when you start the car. Its a ping like noise and can feel the ping through the clutch. Happens at about 12mph.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I had this with mine, in fact I think it was probably my first post as I was concerned too. If it's a kind of clunking sound that happens shortly after pulling off as you change between 1st and 2nd then it's the ABS self test. Everyone's seems to be a slightly different sound but it seems like it's pretty common and nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had this with mine, in fact I think it was probably my first post as I was concerned too. If it's a kind of clunking sound that happens shortly after pulling off as you change between 1st and 2nd then it's the ABS self test. Everyone's seems to be a slightly different sound but it seems like it's pretty common and nothing to worry about.
yeah its that kind of sound... and thinking about it it does only happen on 1st pull away.. thanks this is a weight off my mind

1 - 8 of 8 Posts