Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads

After alot of searching it seems that the st clutch was changed in 07 models-hence the high failure rate associated (mostly) with DS mods
Some say it was upgraded again in 08

As such i have few questions:
1. Was the clutch definitly uprated in late 08 (my own car is 09)
2. Is the fact that there are very few reported clutch slips in 08/09 (according to the clutch slip poll) due then to the fact there arent so many around and they have not yet had time to slip??

Any other info would be great as runing a 09 dsci st it now becomes a likely issue!!

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
233 Posts
QUOTE(edwardmcardle @ 23 Feb 2010, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi Lads

After alot of searching it seems that the st clutch was changed in 07 models-hence the high failure rate associated (mostly) with DS mods
Some say it was upgraded again in 08

As such i have few questions:
1. Was the clutch definitly uprated in late 08 (my own car is 09)
2. Is the fact that there are very few reported clutch slips in 08/09 (according to the clutch slip poll) due then to the fact there arent so many around and they have not yet had time to slip??

Any other info would be great as runing a 09 dsci st it now becomes a likely issue!!

Thanks in advance

I wouldn't worry mate, i have been running a 09 reg with DSCI since new and currently on 16000 miles with no problems

HTH

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(SpiketheTyke @ 23 Feb 2010, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I wouldn't worry mate, i have been running a 09 reg with DSCI since new and currently on 16000 miles with no problems

HTH

Nice one thanks-inspires a bit of confidance!!!

Can i ask do you reckon adding a sports cat and maybe panel filter and ecu spacer(if i can find one) will do anything for my power while still using the same dsci map??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.