Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has started making a clunking noise when either engaging or disengaging the clutch, usually worse in first three gears. Any help most appreciated!

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does it when its warm too. Not clunking on changing gear but dipping and lifting clutch pedal

·
Registered
249 Posts
This clunking issue has been discussed numerous times on other varius threads and has gone nowhere realy. i'm on my 2nd ST now and both have done it, that is a clonking noise when you move off (realy when drive is taken up). The exception I have noticed over the 4 yrs I have had ST'S is that it doesn't do it in warmer temperatures. I've had mine in with Ford dealers who don't know what it is and have said it's just a charactaristic of the car. I've had the glue thing done in the drive shafts which hasn't made any difference. Looks like something you just have to live with.

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
The clonking noise when you move off is the ABS self test.
Nothing to worry about.
Will do it at about 5-10mph.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I know the ABS test, it sounds like a "twang" noise. but that only goes on the first time on your journey. The other "clonking" noise is every time you move off (or when drive is taken up). I've just got used to it now..

·
Registered
725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know the ABS test, it sounds like a "twang" noise. but that only goes on the first time on your journey. The other "clonking" noise is every time you move off (or when drive is taken up). I've just got used to it now..
That's what I mean, I know the abs self test noise but its the other noise, as long as it isn't dangerous I'll just live with it as I love my motor and have NO intentions of swapping!...unless my Mrs agrees to an RS.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts