Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i dont know if this has been mentioned before or if its the norm but when i start my car up and then pull off, as i get to 2500 rpm (roughly) theres this clunk sound like something is engaging, doesnt do it again until i turn the car off then start it up again, has anyone had this or is this supposed to happen, cheers.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(hjcrichard @ 9 Nov 2009, 08:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>As above.
I can actually now predict it to the second (sad but true).im getting that way myself
QUOTE(vladSTer @ 9 Nov 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if this is a clunk/click felt thru accelerator pedal it is normal, not sure what that is but someone on here would be able to explainye it comes through the accelator pedal. thats a relief that its normal.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(Nick A @ 10 Nov 2009, 10:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>above a certain speed the gearbox locks out reverse gear to prevent you accidentally selecting Reverse when you actually want 5th or 6th....

oh right i see, well i have 2 options now haha. does yours do it and what do you think it is?

·
Registered
48 Posts
I get it as well - since I got the car in Jan09, kind of a metallic click/clunk type noise. Feels more like esp system engaging to me as mentioned earlier in post. Also, around the 15mph mark - good to know what it is for sure!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts