Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I recently bought a Ford Focus ST 3dr Black 2008 Model (Facelift)
The car is a dream machine.

I have found one problem though, it is a demo model with 30000 KM on the clock and
I noticed a clicking noise coming from the right front wheel and it happens at random intervals which ruled out a stone in the trend.
I sent it into the shop and they told me it was a loose bolt connected somehow to the CV joint so they have tightened it, but the noise still persists

Anyone have any ideas what this could be? maybe the stabilizer link?

thanks

·
Registered
314 Posts
Can you feel it through the steering wheel at all, or is it just the noise you hear?

Only clicking ive had was in a new shape fiesta and it use to pull on the steering wheel. That ended up been a driveshaft.

If not then sorry i cant help, but if i was you i would bug that dealer like mad and get them in test driving it and get full check done on it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
only seems to be a clicking noise, dont feel it on the steering.

Just phoned the dealer and it is going back in next week for them to check. Holding thumbs.

Wiill post back if they manage to find the problem.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Hi Stephen and
to the
club.

There is a lot of information about driveshafts in the technical forums that may or may not be of use to you. You will however need to be an 'Owner Member' to view these forums. The cost is a bargain £10.

Good luck getting your
sorted

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
its sounds like the driveshaft problem, if its a ford dealer you are taking the car back to tell them its the driveshaft and that ford ford have issued a TSB over it and they will then know exactly how to fix it, basically they need your car over night while the glue on the splines sets properly then you should have no more problems, cant think of the number but there is deffo a TSB issued on it { technical service bulletin in case you were wondering}

edit, just noticed you are outside uk, i,m assuming the full ford network uses the tsb system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts