Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Bilberry is really good !

Don't forget the 10% discount code st2011 just add it to your cart !

Fount at ukcarcare.co.uk

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
My cleaning routine is wash inside and out each wash, you can do this with the wheels on the car, just get your hand in with a microfibres wash MIT and after doing all wheels more the car half a wheel rotation so you can doe where the brake calliper was.

Then once or twice a year I take the wheels off and clean then properly:

1 wash and rinse the wheels
2 wonder wheels, (it is strong but ok to use very occasionally) then wash & rinse
3 iron X, rinse and dry
4 tardis (tar remover, make sure the rims are dry before you put this on as it imulsifies with water) , then wash and rinse
5 clay bar inside and out
6 polish inside and out
7 seal, I use swissvax autobahn but others are available

As above do this once or twice a year and your rims will look great wish just a good wash each time you wash your car. These are our lasses rims, you will note to make the most of your rims, you must ensure your badges are straight and the locking nut is in the same location in relation to the valves

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice little break down there mate,, form the outside mine are immaculate, but have been having a struggle to get them sparkling inside, i dont think they have ever been done,,
cheers

·
Registered
693 Posts
These photos were taken last year so they need doing again.
  1. Soaked in Auto Glym Alloy Cleaner
  2. Cleaned
  3. Went over wheels with Auto Glym Intensive Tar Remover
  4. Buffed Off
  5. Went over wheels with Auto Glym Super Resin Polish
  6. Buffed Off
  7. Went over wheels with Poorboy's Wheel Sealant (Three coats)
It took ages and couldn't move my hands afterwards but I liked how they alloys looked, so it was worth the effort.

UPDATE - Damn, this was last done in June, 2011. OMG I've missed a year. Will have to wait a few Months before I can re do these. Why on Earth did I have to go and check when I took the photos

Attachments

·
Registered
6,843 Posts
I like others take the wheels off the car maybe twice a year but have done it twice in the last couple of months due to some upgrades I've done

I use autosmart smart wheels for general cleaning as its non acid and very effective then they are clayed and sealed then a layer of polish stops the
sticking to them and its just a case of using soap and water in the normal wash routine to get them clean again.

I do tend to hit mine with my favorite QD which has a wax element to it so the water just beads off the faces and stops the
sticking to any areas I miss when polishing and sealing them when there off

My OCD is that bad last time they were off I sealed and waxed my painted calipers so its easy to keep those clean as well

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
the locking nut is in the same location in relation to the valves
I hate you
, I was having a smoke whilst the car was settling to idle the other day and remembered reading your "valve/lock nut location theory." I looked at my TD1.2s' and 3 out of 4 of them have the lock nut to the left of the valve as you look at the wheel, just coincidence I guess. So somewhen I am going to have to sort that out. Another thing to add to the long line of OCD that I already have for my car.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts