Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Evening all,

Just about to clay my car for the first time and I have a couple of questions. Can you clay the plastic trim etc to ensure you remove as much grime as possible? I've a Panther Black ST and ther are a couple of stone chips showing through the bumper. I was planning on cleaning it then touch up before a good polish. Hopefully the white basecoat will no longer be visible!

Also, what's the best way to protect the plastic - is ther anything like a polish for them to ensure they stay easier to clean.

Thanks

Wiggy

·
Registered
577 Posts
Don't clay the plastics. I've never tried it but would imagine the textured surface would break up the clay and leave some of it stuck to the plastic. If you want to really clean the plastics, use a mixture of APC (standard all purpose cleaner) and water and wash them with that. You'd be surprised how effective it is. You could also use a soft brush to work it into the cracks and crevices if you want to go that far. I'm only suggesting using APC as you're no doubt about to way the whole car so paintwork protection will be restored. To protect plastics, use a dedicated product such as AG Vinyl and Rubber Care.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.