Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all need bit of help i have like a chirping noise on start up and only on cold start . i have checked all pipes and hoses all tight . no noise when i remove dip stick belts look good any ideas please thanks 06 pre face lift st2

·
Premium Member
Mike Mk2 ST225
2,634 Posts
My girlfriend's car had this same chirp. We had all belts changed as they were about due anyway but made no difference.

I feared it was something to do with the turbo- seemed to chirp more if you got it spooling quickly enough after turning on but I think it's sorted itself out now...

Unless it has something to do with a suspected (and again temporary) misfire presumed to be a coil failing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it sounds good no misfire runs and boost good and only does it when I live it to cool down hour or so then it does it again no faults I plugged code reader in all good

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
did notice my oil cap oring a bit worn going to change it to morrow . may be sucking in air when starting long shot but need to start with the simple things first . already spent a mint on running gear tracking etc lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts