Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I hurt my back the week before Xmas . After seeing the doctors a couple of times and not getting any better, I've started attending a chiropractor. Had a groupon deal at first but now is charging £29 for 15mins. Is this dear or about the going rate? Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
Hi I hurt my back the week before Xmas . After seeing the doctors a couple of times and not getting any better, I've started attending a chiropractor. Had a groupon deal at first but now is charging £29 for 15mins. Is this dear or about the going rate? Thanks
£116 an hour !! ....just a bit over the norm

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
His advice today was 2 treatments a week for 6 weeks totalling £348. If I pay upfront it would come down to £312.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I pay £30 per session with my chiropractor, which takes as long as it takes - generally somewhere between 20 and 30 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
quacks the lot of them!
Go to an osteopath
Same difference Stingy. Osteopaths and chiropractors treat the same issues in very similar ways, they just have different beliefs. Osteopaths believe that whole body health and wellbeing is all down to body alignment, blocked channels, etc whereas chiropractors just see a misaligned skeleton and knotted muscles for what they are.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Same difference Stingy. Osteopaths and chiropractors treat the same issues in very similar ways, they just have different beliefs. Osteopaths believe that whole body health and wellbeing is all down to body alignment, blocked channels, etc whereas chiropractors just see a misaligned skeleton and knotted muscles for what they are.

Im no expert mate, but the chiropractor I went to made me bloody worse

Back problems are a nightmare and if the op is not sure about the quack he is visiting then don't go back near him.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
Yeah I always feel worse afterwards. One of my previous chaps called it 'small elephant syndrome', i.e. you feel like one has walked all over you shortly after treatment. I find a hot bath and ibuprofen washed down with plenty of fluids sorts it out, although having said that I'm still a bit sore after my treatment last Thursday. Still, a little discomfort every 6 weeks beats my back locking up and causing me excruciating pain.

The OP needs to make sure that his practitioner is a member of the relevant body - British Chiropractic Association or British Osteopathic Association - and make sure that there are certificates displayed, either in reception or the treatment room, that have been awarded to the actual person they are seeing, not just someone in the practice. Then it's just down to reviews and recommendations. Getting the best rate is a matter of ringing around. Like I said I pay £30 for a 20 - 30 minute session, and this has been constant across all the chiros/osteos that I have seen over the years, taking into account annual price rises.

I have a twisted lower vertebra.
Have you asked the wife to untwist your moob strap Sean

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
I work with people with back pain all the time - have seen chiros and osteopaths, I'm a pilates teach among other things and get back pain clients coming along to classes.

Go see an osteopath, you DON'T need loads of treatments - some chiros are just money grabbers and will milk you for thousands.

See an osteopath once a week for a month, and get to a beginners/back pain pilates class....

If you don't see an IMMEDIATE improvement in your back condition after 1-2 sessions, change therapist.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Its all a matter of opinion but there is nothing wrong with Chiropractors. The price you've been quoted is about correct. Though I would say a good chiropractor would not need to advertise on Groupon.

As stated though if improvements are not being seen try another one. It could just be that your body does not like the way they are adjusting you and another chiropractor could get you sorted much quicker.

Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts