Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
called into see my local branch today to have a quote and he said the best thing i could have done is a 'chip and polish' where they go over every panel and touch in all the chips and scratches that they find and then flat and polish them up. its going in tuesday so i will let you know the results. quoted me £140 all in and said they will want it for most of the day.

·
Registered
327 Posts
i used them the other month when i road sign fluw up and damage the front of my
causing a few nasty scuffs and
a chip out of the bumper, right on the corner between the bottom and top grill. they did a great job cannot tell charge me £100
i would definatley use them again

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've used them before... £20 for flattening and polishing the bumper which I had scuffed, and then the same for another fine scratch. Bargain and quality work.

·
Registered
5 Posts
QUOTE(MCST @ 18 Feb 2010, 12:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've used them before... £20 for flattening and polishing the bumper which I had scuffed, and then the same for another fine scratch. Bargain and quality work.

Anyone used them for alloy wheel fixes... curbed my right front nothing too bad, but you can't help noticing it every time I get in.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Been seriously thinking about using Chips Away since I noticed an 18inch scratch on my rear quarter a couple of days ago

Tried T-Cut tonight, got rid of some of it but not all

What are the results like?

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the results depend on the person doing it mate. at the end of the day the job should be done right and so your happy. the scratch may just flat out and polish up.carefull witht he nasty t-cut as it can go wrong or make it harder for a pro to flat it out if it doesnt need painting.

yes they/we can do wheels and to a perfect standard.
i never take on wheels if the curbing is that bad that the tyre needs popping off as a refurb company will do all that and not much more of a cost.

·
Registered
305 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 19 Feb 2010, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the results depend on the person doing it mate. at the end of the day the job should be done right and so your happy. the scratch may just flat out and polish up.carefull witht he nasty t-cut as it can go wrong or make it harder for a pro to flat it out if it doesnt need painting.
Fair comment about the individual doing the work
Regarding the t-cut, I think I will leave it in that case and see someone who knows what they are doing.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
as i said mines in tuesday and i will post up results, the guy seamed realy helpfull and polite and like's ST's as well so cant be bad!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>just call your local chipsaway guy and he will tell you what it needs and how much...

is there a chipsaway in chelntenham/gloucester coz i need 1 to sort out some paint that has come off after a door hit it
do u know how much roughly this would cost to fix it about the size of a thumb nail

thanks

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 19 Feb 2010, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is there a chipsaway in chelntenham/gloucester coz i need 1 to sort out some paint that has come off after a door hit it
do u know how much roughly this would cost to fix it about the size of a thumb nail thankscall the head office on 0800 028 7878 and they will get your local guy to call you. or go on the chipsaway website put your details in and your local guy will get a txt messgae and call you..QUOTE(boost junkie @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>ive got chips away coming 2moz hopefullyis it stuart thats working over their in your area?

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
QUOTE(gray @ 20 Feb 2010, 08:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>call the head office on 0800 028 7878 and they will get your local guy to call you. or go on the chipsaway website put your details in and your local guy will get a txt messgae and call you..is it stuart thats working over their in your area?

No its a m8 called dave

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
yep its shocking what some guys can do and most the time its sooo much cheaper than a bodyshop and a good solid repair.
heres some pics of a job i did back in december i think it was.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts