Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have had our St for a week now, can anyone recommend a group 2-3 child seat (4-12 years) for an St-3.

We have a couple of Britax seats which fit in but it is a right pain to do up the seat belt because the child seat almost sits on top of the belt fastener which is mounted low in the rear bench.

My eldest could manage with a simple booster seat, plus he is over 135cm, so legally does not need a booster seat at all, but he is only 7 and I want him protected as much as possible, my youngest is 5.

Any advice or comments would be much appreciated.

Cheers
Jim

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
My recaro young sport state to the age of twelve years and are fully adjustable. Might be worth a look Jim

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My recaro young sport state to the age of twelve years and are fully adjustable. Might be worth a look Jim
Hi Ryan,

Thanks for the reply. Do I take it the child is held in by the harness and not the seat belt, so the seat belt would not need to be accessed everytime the child gets in? I take it this is not an isofix seat.

Many thanks

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
No, I believe that when they are older you use the seatbelt rather than the harness. I can't remember is it is iso fix or not! Mine is secured in with the seatbelt.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Hi, I have a maxi cosi ferofix for.my daughter which is a group 2/3. Bought a isofix bar from ford for about £15 and it fits fine, just had to.remove the rear headrest.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Best child seat I've ever seen reviewed here

http://www.focusstoc...child-car-seat/

The model reviewed can be used up to 12 years old, but there are other models too.
Hi, Iink does not work, is it because I am not a paid up member? I do plan to join up as I think this will be a very useful site for me, perhaps I will do it at lunchtime.

Cheers for the replies.

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,231 Posts
Hi, Iink does not work, is it because I am not a paid up member? I do plan to join up as I think this will be a very useful site for me, perhaps I will do it at lunchtime.

Cheers for the replies.
Yes - that will be the reason. I urge you to join up, not so that you can then read my review, but the huge knowledgebase and potential savings on insurance and parts make the fee totally insignificant, and if you can save a couple of hundred pounds on your insurance by going to one of the site sponsors it is a no-brainer.

The car seat in question is the Kiddy Guardian Pro 2, but they have other models depending if you want one seat that covers a huge age range, or one that is for a narrower age range. IIRC when i bought the Pro2 it was only about £50 dearer than the next model down which would not cover up to 12 years old.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes - that will be the reason. I urge you to join up, not so that you can then read my review, but the huge knowledgebase and potential savings on insurance and parts make the fee totally insignificant, and if you can save a couple of hundred pounds on your insurance by going to one of the site sponsors.

The car seat in question is the Kiddy Guardian Pro 2, but they have other models depending if you want one seat that covers a huge age range, or one that is for a narrower age range. IIRC when i bought the Pro2 it was only about £50 dearer than the next model down which would not cover up to 12 years old.
You do now realise the huge expectations on this link! I was always planning to join up.

Cheers for the detailed reply,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts