Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anyone doing deals or whos the cheapest for a Milltek resonated exhaust

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Anyone know anyone doing deals or whos the cheapest for a Milltek resonated exhaust
send some PMs' to sponsers of this site and see what people come back with! it's what i do when i'm after something.

obviously make sure the sponser stocks them first

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
there is also the option of buying the Mountune exhaust which is a de-resonated Milltek basically. Not sure as many sponsers would stock these but is always an option.

Just noticed you said resonated
Is there actually much difference between the nonres Mountune and a resonated Milltek

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
Is there actually much difference between the nonres Mountune and a resonated Milltek
I couldn't really tell you the noise difference, I've never heard a resonated Milltek cat-back, the only exhausts I've heard apart from mine is a Mongoose turbo back. I'd personally say that the resonated version would be too quiet without a sports-cat and downpipe. The best thing to do is to go to a meet and have a listen to other peoples exhausts.

I feel mine is a nice note IMHO, Mountune turbo back that is, but everyones opinion is different!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't really tell you the noise difference, I've never heard a resonated Milltek, the only full turbo back exhaust I've heard apart from mine is a Mongoose. I'd personally say that the resonated version would be too quiet without a sports-cat and downpipe. The best thing to do is to go to a meet and have a listen to other peoples exhausts.
Cheers

Only have a decat at the mo but looking for a cat back that won't drone a cruising speed 60-80mph
Otherwise the mrs and kids wouldn't be happy

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
The decat would make the resonated exhaust louder than a sports cat, however it could cause issues when you next try and get insurance. Ideally you would want a few back to back rides in different cars, however we know that'll never happen. Good luck!

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Cheers James

Do you know if members get any discount from Pumaspeed
They had a sale on recently so you may do.
Best to phone them and ask. Speak to Tony if you can as he's the owner, Chris is a decent guy too though. They both know me and my car.

I was in there just before new year and they had taken a big delivery from Miltek.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
They had a sale on recently so you may do.
Best to phone them and ask. Speak to Tony if you can as he's the owner, Chris is a decent guy too though. They both know me and my car.

I was in there just before new year and they had taken a big delivery from Miltek.
Will bell them in the morning pal

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a non res milltek cat back and can honestly say it's only fractionally louder than the original, no drone at all even on the motorway, i previously had a resonated dreamscience catback but that was far too noisy for me. I just ordered a milltek race cat from pumaspeed and whilst there promotion has finished (missed it by a day) they still did a fare price for me.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Just spoke to Tony at Pumaspeed and he agreed to fit a resonated Milltek with GT100 tailpipes for 560. After i saw Larkspeed selling them for that price but he will offer free fitting

Having it fitted tomorrow afternoon

·
Registered
5,303 Posts
Pumaspeed are the UK distributors of Milltek exhausts for Ford and will match or beat any other price.

I had the resonated Milltek on my ST with DS downpipe and race cat, and ended up de-resing it as it was just too quiet. Deres sounds gorgeous when foot down, but extremely quiet on cruise or when pootling about discreetly, and no drone at all.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pumaspeed are the UK distributors of Milltek exhausts for Ford and will match or beat any other price.

I had the resonated Milltek on my ST with DS downpipe and race cat, and ended up de-resing it as it was just too quiet. Deres sounds gorgeous when foot down, but extremely quiet on cruise or when pootling about discreetly, and no drone at all.
Might have a word when i am there about getting a non resonated. Just want to make sure i won't get drone with a decat and if i add a downpipe at some point

1 - 19 of 19 Posts