Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a local car club im a member of there was mention of going SLAMMED hes already as low as possible with coilovers on his 1.2 clio
and now hes on about cutting the coil springs to go lower wtf
can that even be safe?? im thinking my time with them is over somebody else posted asking for an ummm FIXED mot as he KNOWS his car wont pass emissions, im glad I haven't wasted my money joining them on a stand at the fast show lol cant mr policeman do ANYTHING about the cars that are so low lol

·
Registered
962 Posts
As far as I'm aware there is no law on the ride height of a car. What there should be however is some common sense being applied by the driver. Lowering by more than 40mm could result in some really poor handling, tyre scrub and tramlining. I can't see why he'd want to even risk that?

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
The local car club round my area showed a 1.6 bmw drifting round a corner in a scheme with smoke flying from it which he also showed his springs cut down then a week later he was tryng to sell it. And also a fiesta st for sale and the guy was bragging about having an asbo on the car when trying to see it on fb.

Why.... Just why.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The local car club round my area showed a 1.6 bmw drifting round a corner in a scheme with smoke flying from it which he also showed his springs cut down then a week later he was tryng to sell it. And also a fiesta st for sale and the guy was bragging about having an asbo on the car when trying to see it on fb.

Why.... Just why.
i got threatened with a section 59 just for leaving a car park after the local nob was drifting his 200sx i got told because i was there i was also spinning the wheels pmsl

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
As far as I'm aware there is no law on the ride height of a car. What there should be however is some common sense being applied by the driver. Lowering by more than 40mm could result in some really poor handling, tyre scrub and tramlining. I can't see why he'd want to even risk that?
Tigger is lowered by more than 40mm but its got nothing to do with "stance" lol!

·
Registered
480 Posts
haha I happened across one of the cruise herts events once, taking place with about 10 cars in a homebase car park. one utter plonker keen to impress decided he would leave the car parking space he was occupying in true max power fashion, stuck his fiesta in reverse, shot backwards like a whippet out of an
burner, turned into a lamp post, caving the back of the car in and sat there with a lamp post wobbling above the car whilst me all pointed and laughed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts